Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 week(ish)Holiday in Oz

Options
  • 27-12-2010 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Heading to Australia at the end of June 2011. Have friends/family that I'm hoping to visit in Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and wouldn't mind hitting a few other places.The plan is to fly into one place and fly home from another...any advice on booking flights..would i be better off booking one flight to say Melbourne and then booking my internal flights when I'm there or would i need to have those booked??Just looking for a heads up before i get the ball rolling in the new year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmcspud

Hi Elle, have a 6 week holiday myself there with the wife and kids last summer. I spent a lot of time North as that where the heat was. I thought Darwin was amazing and getting out and about there (so much cool stuff to do). Also should have a look at Cairns for the barrier reef and to get out and about there too. I also worked my way down to Brisbane and Sydney and did all the touristy stuff there too. I was in Melbourne before it's lovely but will be cold then and i was never in alelaide. It was cheaper for me to book my flights before i went with quantas. worked out at about €30 each. anyway enjoy your planning....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Hey I did 6 weeks too.
    We flew into Sydney, spent 4 days there celebrating Paddys day with friends before flying to Tasmania (Hobart) for 3 days, then flew again to Melbourne to meet up with some other friends. Again 5 days there and then flew up to Cairns and took buses down the East coast back to Sydney to fly to Thailand.

We'd only arranged our flights in and out of Oz and while there the first evening we booked the internal flights with Jetstar, we only spent about €40each on each flight because we were able to be flexable with our dates. Jetstar are essentially Ryanair but cheerier and they don't play the stupid music at the end. The flights were simple to sort.

Enjoy your trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Thanks for the help guys. Was onto a friend in Adelaide so thinking I might fly there, spend a few days, then road trip to Melbourne and spend a while there too. Hoping to fit Sydney/Bondi/Brisbane in there at some point ... internal flights aren't too pricey, a lot more reasonable than I thought they would be!!

Advertisement