Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding channels to freesat

• 27-12-2010 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Have a Sagem freesat HD box can anyone give me a website to tell me the extra channels I can tune into it.

I cant get itv hd as I give a nrthern Ireland postcode,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

just google it, lots of info out there

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Green Gooner

Tony wrote: »
    just google it, lots of info out there

You need more info than what you would need to yune in the extra channels to sky for example. Like the SID or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

You don't need PIDs for a Freesat box. The frequencies, polarisation, and symbol rates are exactly the same as for Sky boxes.

You do need to be able to understand the difference between Freesat mode and non Freesat mode. In the Sagem boxes this is simple to switch to as non Freesat channels are directly accessible via a press of the OK button on the remote handset.

Humax boxes make you jump through several button clicks on the remote in order to get to non Freesat mode and yes, you need to jump back through several clicks to go back to Freesat mode - worth bearing in mind if you are thinking of using these boxes to access Saorsat in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

You could just use a mainland uk postcode and add the NI channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You need more info than what you would need to yune in the extra channels to sky for example. Like the SID or something.

Thats just not true

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Gooner

Restore the box to factory settings and put in mainland UK postcode e.g. N22 5SL (London) when prompted.

Box will tune channels including ITV HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

On HD that has DVB-S2 you may need to additionally add the Modulation type. It's QPSK only on SD.
    Otherwise FEC, SR and polarisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

Indeed you're right there Watty. All the information needed to tune extra channels on Freesat boxes (really only Sky News, other ITV 1 regions and ITV 1 HD - if the box has been set up for an NI postcode) are in the sticky thread at the top.

Advertisement