Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat setup in South Tipp

• 27-12-2010 6:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Okay here goes, I recently moved into my own house and I don't have a telly I've been using my computer for entertainment but I got some money as Christmas presents so I'm thinking of buying myself a new TV and setting up freesat. How difficult would this be, I am a girl but I am fairly techie so I would prefer to do it myself as opposed to getting someone to install it for me. However if people think it would be easier then how much am I looking at, if I am buying a new TV then it would be HD so obviously I'm going to go with one of the HD boxes and I would want to be able to record so one of the + boxes. I really am not sure where to start but I would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Make Sure the TV is Irish Digital TV Compatible. (five Irish channels via aerial today, later in May add recording via dish for Saorsat)

You need to have a good Electric Drill and know how to drill holes in walls.

Folk here can help with all other advice.

A "Freesat+ HD" set-box (ideally a Humax Foxsat HDR, Recorder) and 78cm solid triax dish recommended for Limerick, especially to add Triax bar and Saorsat (maybe Hotbird & Astra too) Later.

I don't think being a Girl makes any difference.

Advertisement