Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croup, need humidifier

• 27-12-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi,
    The little man has croup, thankfully it appears to be a mild dose. I got him seen by a doc last night so not looking for medical advice here. Steaming him in the bathroom definitely helped, I know it is not reccomended but it worked for us. The Doc also said the damp night air we have at the moment is good for it, and to leave the window open a small bit last night. We did, and it seems to have worked.
    I am trying now to get hold of a humidifier, without much luck. All the pharmacies are sold out. Can anyone reccomend one? Or know anywhere in Dublin I might get one? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

beachbabe wrote: »
    Hi,
    The little man has croup, thankfully it appears to be a mild dose. I got him seen by a doc last night so not looking for medical advice here. Steaming him in the bathroom definitely helped, I know it is not reccomended but it worked for us. The Doc also said the damp night air we have at the moment is good for it, and to leave the window open a small bit last night. We did, and it seems to have worked.
    I am trying now to get hold of a humidifier, without much luck. All the pharmacies are sold out. Can anyone reccomend one? Or know anywhere in Dublin I might get one? Thanks.

We had the same problem last year and ended up driving around at night with all the car windows down and the little one wrapped up warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Well, after much interneting, Argos in Blanch have them, a lot of places were out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

If you can't get a humidifier, putting a wet towel on the radiator in the bedroom will also help to release moisture into the air.

Advertisement