Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber

Options
  • 27-12-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend one please. Im down in the Brookhaven Area. Ive a pipe to an outside tap cracked thats joined into the outside toilet.

Ive rang local numbers and have been told they have 12 other jobs, the number couldn't connect and the person taking the calls isnt here.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I need a plumber also, have a burst pipe. Can anyone pm please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

All plumbers are flying at the moment. My honest suggestion to you all is to attempt to stop it yourselves first.

In the case of mains this is going to be a bitch but in the case of taps etc you will stop it by buying tec tite blanks and cutting the copper and sticking one on each side,

You can look up

www.rgii.ie

and get plumbers local to blanchardstown..

Best of luck. Sorry cant do more for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

No worries Joey,

I rang one plumber and managed to find the stopcock so have stopped the leak. Now all I have to do is wait until he comes around.

He had 18 calls on by the time I rang him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Every second house is waterless on my road, so my neighbour was in and he knows a plumber.

So turns out its just the u joint and hell be back today or tomorrow.

As I said to the neighbour, when the weathers bad like this your only waiting on something to happen.

Advertisement