Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running changes everything

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Woohoo taper time. Don't mind Nules, please do go mad and share all the taper madness here - purely to keep sane obviously and not for our entertainment value :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Well shaz, the mad marathon dreams have started. Last night I was in jeans and barefoot at the startline :pac:

Mon 18/06 - Interval session. We did this on grass for a change. 8x400's, 1x300 and 10x150's. 5.17 miles covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Love the crazy dreams, keep them coming. Before cork, my 'marathon' was running laps around the inside of my brother's house. I was winning too...until I woke up :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    my 'marathon' was running laps around the inside of my brother's house. I was winning too...until I woke up :)

Ha ha, that's gas :D

I expect my regular sleepwalking will now go up a notch along with the dreams.

Tues 19/06 - Group progression run. Legs felt great. 5.71 miles avg 8.01 pace.

Wed 20/06 - Handy run down the beach. Unexpectedly warm out there :eek: so it felt harder than it should have. 5.10 miles avg 8.38 pace.

Made it over the 1,000 miles after todays run. Happy with that - 4 months quicker than last year.

• Advertisement

Well done on the 1,000 miles. I feel like I'll never get there.
    Sounds like things are going good for you.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Well done on hitting four digits, you definitely have the training put in.

Regarding the course not being certified, the following is from the London website -
    Proof of performance
    A photocopy of your running results, for example a certificate or newspaper clipping. The results will need to be from a marathon completed
    So your time next week should be accepted.

Boston on the other hand require the race to be certified to AIMS standard so I might have to have another go - Longford in August:rolleyes: - but let's get this one over first:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

RubyK wrote: »
    Made it over the 1,000 miles after todays run. Happy with that - 4 months quicker than last year.

Wow that's amazing, congrats. You certainly have the work done to have a great marathon.

slowsteady wrote: »
    Regarding the course not being certified, the following is from the London website -

So your time next week should be accepted.

Boston on the other hand require the race to be certified to AIMS standard so I might have to have another go - Longford in August:rolleyes: - but let's get this one over first:p.

Thanks a mill for that slowsteady! I never thought of actually checking the site :o Looks like the pressure is back on!

Thurs 21/06 - A short, progression run. 4.35 miles avg 8.18 pace. Enjoyable enough.

It's probably the the taper madness, but I'm feeling very under the weather today, so I'm glad it's a rest day. Awake since 3.45am, due to marathon mares. Also, my appetite has taken on a life of it's own :eek::o

Sat 23/06 - A truely terrible run, not what I needed with 1 week to go. 8.15 miles avg 8.58 pace. Took the dog for a walk after it, and that didn't feel easy either. Had to lie down for an hour after it.

Sun 24/06 - Decided to take another rest day, and hope that yesterdays fail was just a bad day.

Feeling a lot better today. Not sure if I should do the usual Monday track session, but shorter, or just an easy 4 miles??

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »

Feeling a lot better today. Not sure if I should do the usual Monday track session, but shorter, or just an easy 4 miles??
    Taper madness is alive and well:p.

My couple of runs on the weekend have me feeling every ache and pain in leg muscules I didn't know I had, so I can sympathise.

One tough run after all your work is just that, do the easy miles as a track session will make no difference to next Saturday.

Ruby don't let one crap run knock your confidence. You've got the training done and dusted and it's gone really well so trust in that. Anyway if every run was lovely, we'd be bored of this lark ;)

Take it handy during the week and listen to the body.

slowsteady wrote: »
    Taper madness is alive and well:p.

My couple of runs on the weekend have me feeling every ache and pain in leg muscules I didn't know I had, so I can sympathise.

This taper stuff does play tricks alright ;)
    One tough run after all your work is just that, do the easy miles as a track session will make no difference to next Saturday.

Yeah, I guess you are right, there's nothing to be gained from an interval session. Just going to take is easy this evening, and the rest of the week.

shazkea wrote: »
    Ruby don't let one crap run knock your confidence. You've got the training done and dusted and it's gone really well so trust in that. Anyway if every run was lovely, we'd be bored of this lark ;)

Everything Shaz just said. Take it easy. You have all the hard work done.

shazkea wrote: »

Thanks shaz, it must be the tapering kicking in and setting off the mind demons ;). So another easy few days, a bit of freaking out here and there, and I'll be all set for Saturday am.

Mon 25/06 - Handy run of 4.22 miles avg 8.41 pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck tomorrow Ruby, Hope it all goes to plan for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just realised your marathon is tomorrow. Nail it to the wall Rubyk

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Good luck Ruby! Have a great day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good luck Ruby. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck!!

Thanks guys! The W to NW winds are going to make the last 6 miles in the Tramore Road tough, but sure what can you do. It could be worse, we could be facing into a heatwave :)

Tues 26/06 - Another handy one. 3.23 miles avg 8.52 pace.

Thurs 27/06 - The final run of training. 3.28 miles avg 9.05 pace. A few niggles, but sure that was to be expected.

No turning back now. Roll on tomorrow, and lets see what happens :eek::o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of luck tomorrow...i hope it goes better than you could ever imagine....you have the work done so enjoy!!!

Have a great run and hope you enjoy it and get a whopping great PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Very, very best of luck tomorrow and with any luck the wind will change and be at your back for the last 6miles!

All done bar the shouting (and running:p). Hope that predicted wind is only a breeze and we will be sorted.

The training is done so all that's left is to enjoy the day - and the PB:)

+1 on all the good wishes, London calling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ohh i hope you are in bed at this stage ruby :) very best of luck tomorrow you will do great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oi missus. Where are ya? :)

• Advertisement

Oi missus. Where are ya? :)

I'm still alive, just :o

Advertisement