Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water - Barna

Options
  • 27-12-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

No water now since Christmas Eve. :( Anyone else in the Barna area still blighted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 greenpixel

I'm in Paddys Cross Barna and we have no water for the past 3 days, I was hope with the thaw outside it should be back by now but still nothing :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The council warned us on their website about high up areas in Barna and Moycullen not having water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Semper Hibernia

Thanks to both of you for the replies. It's a comfort knowing that other parts of the higher areas are still unthawed! I was beginning to worry that I might have a supply pipe burst outside the house. There's a standpipe in Barna Village (Paintbox Road). Nearly out of stored water so time to head there! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nothing to do with thawing, there is no pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I came up to my parent's house on the 22nd and they were without water. The water actually only came back this morning.

• Advertisement

So is this just a case of some kind of pipe leakage or a supply issue from the reservoir? Is there anything we can do?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

greenpixel wrote: »
    So is this just a case of some kind of pipe leakage or a supply issue from the reservoir? Is there anything we can do?:confused:

Hi there neighbour - no water loss at all here - looks like a burst.......

Hurray!! Water back this morning, such a relief, you really take these things for granted, thanks to everybody who took time to reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm glad everything's okay for you greenpixel!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There was a film crew in Paintbox Road on Christmas Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Semper Hibernia

Glad you got your supply back too Greenpixel - ours returned last night. Who would think the sight of a running tap could be such a thrill? :D

Advertisement