Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Network Unreliable

• 27-12-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

It was too hard to describe in words so i've made a diagram for the network here (including legend!)

network.jpg

And heres the port forwarding setup in the router

port_forwarding.jpg

For the most part it works fine, the problem is mainly with the y-cam ip camera and the mini-pc/webserver.

The y-cam is pretty intermittent, we use it everyday as its used as a monitor for the baby and its accessed via its internal IP address, when this drops out it is sometimes possible to access it by its external address. Restarting the router or the camera will bring it back online.

The mini-pc connects to the net and works fine but as a webserver its quite unreliable but restarting the belkin router sorts it out for a while.

Also occasionally (every 2 weeks or so) all wireless access will drop and a restart is needed

It seems to me the belkin is to blame but to be fair it does have a lot of devices to work with. I've had trouble with belkin stuff before so it wouldn't surprise me if it was faulty. Am i asking too much of it?

Opinions please, i don't want to fork out for a new router if i may be missing something in the setup, but thats what i intend to do next.

Any other info i need to post up? The belkin modem is a F5D8636-4 v1

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Par for the course with Belkin to be honest, I've never had any luck with any of their stuff. They just give trouble, lots of it.

You've a router (Netgear) connected to a router (Belkin modem), that'll cause problems with You natting twice. What You need is a gigabit switch and let the Belkin handle all routing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My brother had hassle with a belkin modem before so maybe its time to replace it, i wouldn't mind but it was bought to replace a dodgy belkin which i assumed to be a one off as it was a belkin...

The netgear router is actually a switch, its a GS608. Its unmanaged which i think is best for what i want?

Advertisement