Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Drogba - 27/12/10 Sky Sports 1 - 8pm KO

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nice one Song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

phew :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    That'll do :)

Would a draw not be best?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ONE SONG!!! WE'VE ONLY GOT ONE SONG. WE'VE ONLY GOT ONE SONG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well deserved goal, hopefully Chelsea will attack a bit now in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fantastic - brilliant timing and well deserved

Slightly better, but Chelsea are still the main challengers. Anyone that finishes above them will be champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Positive football 1 - Negative Football 0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Arsenal would want to sub van persie, he's been rubbish and chelsea are there for the taking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

As I said in the OP, my order of preference is Draw, Arsenal, Chelsea. Didn't think this was ever going to be goalless, so an Arsenal goal will do.

The 6 pointers between United/Arsenal and United/Chelsea at the end of the season often have a huge say in where the title goes, and I'm far more confident in United's ability to beat Arsenal than I am in our ability to beat Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

What has happened to this Chelsea team?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

What has happened to this Chelsea team?

Ray Wilkins me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

MGMTea wrote: »
    Arsenal tease so much :p nice build up always but never finish it off
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

mailburner wrote: »
    :pac:

heh, bad timing eh ?

heh, bad timing eh ?

Say it again.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ray Wilkins me thinks

Ray Wilkins me ass.

Ray Wilkins me ass.

I don't think Wilkins' absence is directly causing this drop in form, but his dismissal is symptomatic of something bigger not quite being right at Chelsea.

You know if they loose today and Wednesday Bolton would go ahead of them :eek:

Ray Wilkins me ass.

Have to say I like Wilkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Arsenal would want to sub van persie, he's been rubbish and chelsea are there for the taking

Strangely I'm in agreement.

RVP has been piss.

Arshavin not playing either thank ****. He'll do for coming on against Ashley; see if he can get him another yellow.

Plus, as much as I hate the ****er he is along with Evra [another ****er I hate] the best in the business in his position. We're poorer for letting him go, definitely got the wrong end of that Cole for Gallas+£5m deal. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ray Wilkins me ass.

What ye talking about. Wilkins sacking is a huge factor. All ye have to do is look at Ancelotti's and Emenalo's body language on the side lines, and the fact that he holds all his discussions with Paul Clement.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I don't think Wilkins' absence is directly causing this drop in form, but his dismissal is symptomatic of something bigger not quite being right at Chelsea.

What it proves I think is that this isn't Football Manager; you can't go sacking and buying at your own whim and expect it to all come together at the click of a finger. There are people and traditions at clubs that will long outlive the money that may be thrown at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

If Arsenal don't put this team to the sword, then Wenger has to spend in the transfer window.

That first half demonstrates how Van Persie encourages Arsenal to play how they ought to: through the middle and to feet. Cole is rattled by Walcott and he is one good turn-and-touch by Walcott away from taking an early bath. It's just as interesting to see how Chelsea will chase a game against Arsenal as it will to see how Arsenal will close the match out in the second half.

From a spectator point-of-view, at least, it will be interesting, now.

cson wrote: »
    What it proves I think is that this isn't Football Manager; you can't go sacking and buying at your own whim and expect it to all come together at the click of a finger. There are people and traditions at clubs that will long outlive the money that may be thrown at them.

You can't say anything good or bad to anyone in Football Manager 2011 or they'll throw a transfer request at you.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What ye talking about. Wilkins sacking is a huge factor. All ye have to do is look am,at Ancelotti's and Emenalo's body language on the side lines, and the fact that he holds all his discussions with Paul Clement.

Listening to Wilkins as a pundit I can't help thinking he's a bluffer. I could be, an most likely am, wrong.

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    If Arsenal don't put this team to the sword, then Wenger has to spend in the transfer window.

That first half demonstrates how Van Persie encourages Arsenal to play how they ought to: through the middle and to feet. Cole is rattled by Walcott and he is one good turn-and-touch by Walcott away from taking an early bath. It's just as interesting to see how Chelsea will chase a game against Arsenal as it will to see how Arsenal will close the match out in the second half.

Cole won't be sent off should of gone last week but didnt refs afraid to send certain players off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Listening to Wilkins as a pundit I can't help thinking he's a bluffer. I could be, an most likely am, wrong.

All pundits are bluffers. Thats got nothing to do with his role at the club.

NeoKubrick wrote: »

With the greatest respect; saying he needs to spend in the transfer market based on the result of one game is absolute bollocks. I agree he needs to spend; but only if he's buying a game changer who can go straight into the first team [Eden Hazard, I ave my eyes on you] and not someone with potential. We have enough of those.

On topic :pac:

I will be pleasantly surprised if we go on to win this. That's just Arsenal for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No yellow for that either, it's a funny old game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Nice to see Wilshere getting up straight away, could easily have gotten Ramires booked there.

2-0 Chelsea imploding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

CESCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What a ball through by Essien, some player. :D

FECK YEAH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bye bye Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well played Theo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

is Drogba playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Great reaction from Walcott to chase the ball. Thought he took a heavy touch then, but clearly didn't.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jaysus.

3-0 game over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh lol at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Cracking finish!

Theo you ****ing beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

3-0:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

YEEEEEEES!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ancelotti must be getting nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Complete wasters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is fantastic!!

OMG Don't believe it :D