Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Drogba - 27/12/10 Sky Sports 1 - 8pm KO

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Very true. I hear Hamilton is brilliant at taking corners.
    Plus he's dating Nicole Sherzinger so that makes him up there no matter what sport he's playing:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Plus he's dating Nicole Sherzinger so that makes him up there no matter what sport he's playing:P

They broke up like a year ago, jeez, get with the times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I heard she's poison...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

THFC wrote: »
    OMG:eek::pac: woops i'm well outa the loop:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

efb wrote: »
    I heard she's poison...
    Who cares!?!
    Nicole-Scherzinger1.jpg

>

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

efb wrote: »
    I heard she's poison...

Poisoning young minds with her raunchy lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

THFC wrote: »

no they got back together after her album flopped! ;)

still i really enjoyed tonights game! it was very entertaining for the most part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

On the topic of the sex herself, this is actually the best music video of all ever ever. So hypnotising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

uhhh...

So, Arsenal, WHOOOOOO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

What in the name of christ happened to this thread, suddenly its an issue of Hello!.

Truly awesome result!

Something not right at Chelsea, they are all over the place. Terry is finished as a top class defender imo.

They will probably be out of the top 4 this evening, amazing when you think how well they started.

I can't see them winning the league this year. I can't see Arsenal doing it either tbh, think they will fall short. Shame as they are the best footballing side in the league by a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I thought all of the Arsenal team played great bar Koscielny and Fabianski (Diaby too, but the guy hasn't played in ages).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just my 2c...

firstly, that was a huge win for Arsenal. the result was the all-important thing. even if the performance were a dodgy one, it wouldn't have mattered, because this was all about;

1) the 3 points, and
    2) psychologically getting one over one of the 'big 2'.

if Arsenal have any hope of winning the League, and i maybe foolishly backed them to right before the loss to Spurs, then this win was vital from both these points of view. Wenger can go on about belief and maturity all he wants, but neither of these will come to fruition if his team don't start beating Chelsea and Utd. and that is what vitally happened last night.

Arsenal didn't play that well; let's get that straight first of all. they didn't have to though, which means we may not know what they had in their locker.

the first goal was decent, if a little bit lucky in the run of the ball, but a good finish, and the second two came directly from Chelsea shooting themselves violently in the foot. Arsenal didn't open up Chelsea at all really, yet scored 3. what we can say though, which is a huge positive, is that Arsenal were clinical on Chelsea's mistakes.

Arsenal mainly won, and looked so comfortable - and i mean this with all due respect - because Chelsea were diabolical. i don't think i've ever seen them so lethargic, bar Drogba, Ivanovic and Terry.

Malouda looks back to his 2008 'best'.
    Essien looks lost.
    Mikel is non-existent.
    Lamps is just on the way back.
    Cashley looks shackled.

there is no competition for places in that Chelsea team; and in one of the rare good pieces of analysis from Andy Gray last night, he said that this is causing a lot of players to be comfortable in their positions. i agree, and i would also venture to say that there's something else not right, and i would love to know what that is. i don't think it's Wilkins, but i suspect it is symptomatic of whatever the problem is.

it's madness.

Chelsea resorted to football no different to Stoke (with all due respect again!). they had no answer to Arsenal's pressing game; none. and Arsenal weren't even all out in that regard. the amount of times Chelsea failed to play their football and resorted to giving it back to Cech was scandalous for a team looking to win the League.

so Arsenal look like the likely challengers to United; who must in hysterics considering they're not even playing well and they have all but a 5 point lead. City are still and outside bet, as of course are Chelsea. Spurs? not a chance.

i suspect Ancelotti will go by the way. it reeks of the pattern of events under Scolari, and even Mourinho.

Wenger can be rightly proud of his team; but until Vermaelen is back, i'll never be at all confident in that backline. him and Djourou, if both stay fit, could be quite the find, but that's yet to be seen. the big test facing Arsenal now, is what happens the next time they face a bit of adversity. will that fight be there? can they drag wins out? that will be the key.

Arsenal, despite last night, still have an awful lot to prove.

(oh, and how Cesc got MOTM i'll never know ;))

Advertisement