Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duel monitors for laptop(essentially 3)

Options
  • 27-12-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering it's possible to have two actual monitors(not the laptop screen) through a standard enough laptop(win 7, 3 gigs ram and a average graphics card)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hi rasta, what model is the laptop and what graphics card

I guess on a bog standard machine theres only a single blue(vga) connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hi rasta, what model is the laptop and what graphics card

I guess on a bog standard machine theres only a single blue(vga) connection

Not sure of the graphics card but it's just the one VGA. Someone did mention getting a USB graphics card and monitors but the refresh rate will be crap. I've all but given up on the idea unless you have any suggestions.

I won't be using it for gaming just browsing and watching films.

It also has a HDMI port, would VGA + HDMI for each monitor work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If you download this http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1921/mirrors.php , it will tell what model of graphics card you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

nuxxx wrote: »
    If you download this http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1921/mirrors.php , it will tell what model of graphics card you have.

Not sure where I should be looking but it just says " mobile Intel 4 series chipset"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

RasTa wrote: »

It also has a HDMI port, would VGA + HDMI for each monitor work?

Yeah that'll work fine, just be aware that VGA wont carry any sound whereas HDMI will

• Advertisement
Advertisement