Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast roll

Options
  • 27-12-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Call it a trivial request, but I can't seem to find anywhere in blanch that does a decent breakfast roll! Mace in the village never has a decent selection, spar at the centre use weird sausages, texaco on the north road- don't get me started on that place! Dunnes in the centre isn't bad but it requires going into the centre which takes a bit more time and even then they aren't that good.

So has anyone got a suggestion for a really good breakfast roll in blanch??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have you tried the petrol station in Coolmine ind estate or the Spar in Mulhudart village?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Superquinn down the village, you can't beat a superquinn sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Mocha Beans in Roselawn do a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Douglas & Kaldi in Ongar village do excellent breakfast rolls/bagels etc - well worth the trip...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dubdec99 wrote: »
    Douglas & Kaldi in Ongar village do excellent breakfast rolls/bagels etc - well worth the trip...

I found them very very poor. The Dundrum branch is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The community centre cafe (The Roundabout Cafe) in Mulhuddart does a nice one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nine one one in the Esso on the Navan Road do them afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

janeybabe wrote: »
    I found them very very poor. The Dundrum branch is much better.

I'll have to check out the dundrum branch so....must say though that I've never had any reason for complaint with the ongar branch so far

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'll have to check out the dundrum branch so....must say though that I've never had any reason for complaint with the ongar branch so far
    I might have been there on a bad day. Must give it another go. It's very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Bit far out but the Texaco out by the corporate park always did a pretty good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I think the Ongar branch lacks consistency. One day you'll get your scone hot with butter, the next day you order it you'll get it cold with jam.

I don't like inconsistency..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Avien

Asok wrote: »
    Bit far out but the Texaco out by the corporate park always did a pretty good one.
    I find them very hit and miss and I really like consistency
    trad wrote: »
    Superquinn down the village, you can't beat a superquinn sausage.

Tried superquinn this morning, very poor, maybe it was a bad day but the pudding was overcooked and the sausages weren't the awesome superquinn sausages that are normally so good, they used coctail sausages?!

Will try spar in mulhuddert during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Check out the one in Rathborne, much closer and also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The best ones I used to get where in a portacabin beside a warehouse I worked in. Then after that the butchers in corduff shops used to do a lovely one with those soft white rolls.

Basically if its not home made or cooked more or less fresh its not going to be great. Dunnes is cheap, then the spars etc are like lumps of rubber, cook and stack them up in bulk for the day.

What I do now, is buy the stuff in dunnes and cook it @ home, I know this is only good if your not in work/college that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

The Centra in Laurel Lodge do very nice brekkie rolls, have had them once or twice and they've always hit the spot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Dragging up an old thread. Living in D15 and still havent found a great breakie roll. Anyone any new suggestions? Best I've found is dunnes in the centre but still not that great. Mocha beans in roselawn is gone. Spar opposite coolmine do nice wraps. Horrible sausages though. Any suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I haven't tried it, only because I haven't got around to it, but time and time again I keep hearing that the brekki roll in the HillView shop at the Ladyswell road, Parslickstown is supposed to be the best.

With that in mind, i will; try it tomorrow, before I mark the football pitches, and will let you know for sure.

I haven't tried it, only because I haven't got around to it, but time and time again I keep hearing that the brekki roll in the HillView shop at the Ladyswell road, Parslickstown is supposed to be the best.

With that in mind, i will; try it tomorrow, before I mark the football pitches, and will let you know for sure.

New fella working there but apparently they're still up to the standard they once were... My partner came out of the shop one day and said the orders were flying in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Kays over the center, the one beside the fountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hillview stores in Parslickstown is IMO defo the best breakfast roll in D.15

Fresh soft roll and everything for the roll cooked to order

Breakfast roll and a drink €4.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Another one for Hillview,soft roll makes all the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hillview. No question. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

TOPAZ on Blanch near Garda station is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

Hillview best breaky roll in D15, they come far and wide for em, great value too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

spar down in waterville are alrigh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Statoil in Coolmine Ind Est, do a lovely one with a choice of rolls. Hmmmm.......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

So I went in to the HillView shop on Saturday as promised. I wasn't disappointed.

They are so popular that they have the contents of their roles all pre-packed for cooking, per item.

It's a fresh role, fresh food, and a can of your choice for €4 or there about.

Without a doubt the best I've had, and the soft cooked white pudding just makes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Are we talking about the same Hillview Store, the small shop in Muhuddart facing where the Spar and Community Centre is ?

I'm surprised because one morning, now this was years ago, I went in to get a bin tag as I was passing and was served by the grumpiest woman ever. She was so unpleasant I've never been back and never would have thought there was anything good about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are we talking about the same Hillview Store, the small shop in Muhuddart facing where the Spar and Community Centre is ?

I'm surprised because one morning, now this was years ago, I went in to get a bin tag as I was passing and was served by the grumpiest woman ever. She was so unpleasant I've never been back and never would have thought there was anything good about the place.

quite surprised, I often find its hard to get out with my breakfast roll still hot with the friendly chat and banter you get from the lads that work there, maybe the woman was having a bad day but if its who I'm thinking of she is always very nice when I've been there

even if they were total bastards in the shop I'd still go back for the breakfast rolls they're that nice although I'll probably have a heart attack over the eating the bloody things :D

• Advertisement

Shop has changed hands a few times in the last few years, definitely nicer people working there now.

Advertisement