Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water off Dublin City Council Area (Clontarf specifically)

Options
  • 27-12-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭

Hey

Anyone else's water off in the Clontarf area/Dublin CC area gernerally? Mines been off since sometime yesterday (Stephens Day) and the DCC website/phone lines are suitably unhelpful.

My water has been unaffected until now so i am presuming i dont have a burst pipe......... but would love confirmation

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

I've been without water since yesterday morning at my house in Fairview. DCC arent answering their phones. Can't tell if mains pipe is frozen underground or if supply has ceased. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

There is a message on their phoneline updated Stephens Day at 11am i think) saying there are water problems in DCC - thats it!

Over 24 hours seems a long time for this to be sorted.....

Update from DCC:

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/

Not sure what it means, but it doesn't sound good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Can you paste what's in that link? Can't get it to open and can't find it online. Thanks x

Urgent update on water supply in Dublin – 27th December at 1.00*pm
    27/12/2010 1:03 pm

*The water situation over the past three nights has been as follow:

24th December 2010 – Production 550Mld Demand – 570Mld

25th December 2010 – Production 548Mld Demand – 548Mld

26th December 2010 – Production 550Mld Demand – 609Mld

Storage at Stillorgan is now down to 603Mld. The rapid thaw has had a disastrous effect. We are mobilising the maximum number of crews to deal with burst pipes today. We are also appealing to homeowners and businesses to check their premises for leaks within their property. There are problems all over the country.

Given the situation we have no option but to reintroduce a very restrictive regime as and from today. From this evening we are reintroducing reduced pressure and fairly significant cut-offs.

It should also be noted that there could be loss of supply in other areas at short notice due to broken mains. From today (27th) we will be commencing at 6pm and continuing until 9am tomorrow morning. The same restrictions at least will apply for tomorrow night (28th) however we are monitoring on a daily basis and this may change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone have the issue of having water come in off the mains i.e the kitchen, but not filling the boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Seems to be the same throughout D3. Enough pressure for water to run for the basics, but not enough to fill the tank for more important aspects.

So if you're one of the ignorant fúckers who thought it would be a great idea to leave the taps on, thank you, I haven't showered in 2 days because of you and your idiotic buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

RMD wrote: »
    So if you're one of the ignorant fúckers who thought it would be a great idea to leave the taps on, thank you, I haven't showered in 2 days because of you and your idiotic buddies.

You are aware that Dublin Corporation themselves are the biggest drain on the cities water supply? They're appealing for home owners & businesses to search for leaks on their premesis...of course nothing's mentioned of the >60% of our already treated water that's lost through antiquated & neglected mains piping.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

No water here in Beaumont, and my sister in Ballymun says she her house has none either. What's annoying is that their alerts site says we should have a supply until six PM today.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My waters back for the moment, (Santry) since about 2

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Just a reminder to anyone who currently has water to fill some saucepans now as the water is scheduled to go off in five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

For the past 2 nights i have had water in the bathroom but none in the kitchen, is the cold water in the bathroom safe to drink? was always told it was a no go but only water there haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

EnterNow wrote: »
    You are aware that Dublin Corporation themselves are the biggest drain on the cities water supply? They're appealing for home owners & businesses to search for leaks on their premesis...of course nothing's mentioned of the >60% of our already treated water that's lost through antiquated & neglected mains piping.

This is so true. Im sick of it,the pipes on Highfield Road are completely f**ked. The water has been off around here about 4 times in the last 6 month,with no notice and now they're wrecked again :mad::mad:

Eh try fix it the first time poxy DCC:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Steppes wrote: »
    Just a reminder to anyone who currently has water to fill some saucepans now as the water is scheduled to go off in five minutes.
    They don't seem to bother with the schedule, mine (D3) is on/off at random times, of which maybe 1 hour/day the pressure is high enough to push the water up to the attic and fill the tank.

I don't even get pi**ed off anymore...

Dr_Phil wrote: »

I'm the same, actually I've come to expect such things living in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

EnterNow wrote: »

Yes I'm aware of that, but I've given up on DCC (A shower of mostly lazy and careless twats) ever creating a efficient system in that regard. The thought of having a modern well maintained water distribution system is just beyond the lads in DCC unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

drkpower wrote: »
    Hey

Anyone else's water off in the Clontarf area/Dublin CC area gernerally? Mines been off since sometime yesterday (Stephens Day) and the DCC website/phone lines are suitably unhelpful.

My water has been unaffected until now so i am presuming i dont have a burst pipe......... but would love confirmation

Tks

I'm in the same boat pretty much.. have had no history of water outages(apart from DCC's 12 hours restrictions) until this week. I'm in an apartment complex in Stoneybatter, and we've had no running water what-so-ever with 3 days now. Its an absolute pain.

Its a joke that they call us a modern country when outages like this are allowed continue in the country's capital.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aone

there's not much to be expected living in this pathetic country. ireland sucks! big time! lazy irish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RMD wrote: »
    Yes I'm aware of that, but I've given up on DCC (A shower of mostly lazy and careless twats) ever creating a efficient system in that regard. The thought of having a modern well maintained water distribution system is just beyond the lads in DCC unfortunately.

Blame the governments lack of investment into the water supply. DCC staff can only work with what's in the ground currently.

When water rates are introduced it should be spent 100% on upgrading the water supply infrastructure.

Water on in Finglas all day (parents house) and also mine since Monday. Mine is in fingal county council and I can assure you they are no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

kceire wrote: »
    Blame the governments lack of investment into the water supply. DCC staff can only work with what's in the ground currently.

When water rates are introduced it should be spent 100% on upgrading the water supply infrastructure.
    Yes, water rates SHOULD be spent upgrading the water supply.
    Water rates will be nothing more than another stealth tax that will go on bailing the banks and the big gamblers/developers.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »

Good point, nevertheless it's the coporations responsibility to maintain & provide supply. If the system is so heavily neglected & antiquated (which it is), it's up to them to make the point & heckle for an improverment scheme. Frankly, I believe it suits them to neglect it.

Water charge funds actually going back into the system? Oh yeah, I can see that happening for sure. As we always say, it'll be grand ;)

Water is on here in Marino but pressure is too low to get to the tank yet again, and its empty.

Joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i havent got any water at all the last few days! thought it was only restricted to certain hours. looking at the DCC website im even more confused!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I though money was being put aside for upgrading after the January freeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Dazza Mc kenna

No water in Killester,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fcuking retards leaving taps running to stop pipes freezing. Arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DCC are taking the pi*s at this stage, grand turn my water off at 6pm and bring it back on at 2pm so I can have a shower before work and maybe wash some dishes to cook some lunch, 2.45 and still no poxy water!:mad:

Still nothing here either, not sure if we'll get any today at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

It's a joke ath this stage in the north of Finglas near St. Margarets. Been off every night since early December and has been off except for a small drip for around an hour for the past 3 days. Went to the gym but they closed earlier than advertized and couldn't get a shower there. So now i'm supposed to go out in an hour and and reek of masculinity. They said the water should have been back at 2. I'm in Fingal Co. Council but for some reason it's the DCC that have turned off our supply.

• Advertisement

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    They don't seem to bother with the schedule, mine (D3) is on/off at random times, of which maybe 1 hour/day the pressure is high enough to push the water up to the attic and fill the tank.

Yeah, I know; ours is supposed to be on now. I don't feel like going out tonight if I can't even have a shower and get ready. It does say on their alerts site to 'please note that it can take several hours for water to be fully restored to a premise after a shut off', but it's slim consolation...

Advertisement