Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucan Water Cut Off???

• 27-12-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

anybody else got no water?
    i'm in the ballyowen area and we've no water, didn't get any warnings about this, anybody know anything??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, it seems it's gone in most of Lucan. I'm waiting for it to come back to have a shower.
    Immediate Water Restrictions - Mon 27th 11:15am Update
    Areas Updated @ 11:15am

LUCAN

Adamstown
    Hillcrest
    Lucan Village
    Ballydowd
    Ballyowen
    Earlsfort
    Balgaddy

NORTH CLONDALKIN

Quarryvale
    Rowlagh
    Harelawn
    Ronanstown
    Neilstown

10:00am Update

Due to severe deterioration in the water supply situation, regrettably, the Council is having to impose restrictions with immediate effect. The affected areas are -

All of Lucan
    North Clondalkin.

Further details and information will be published when they are made available to us.

http://sdcc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=814&Itemid=86

Nothing about when it will be back.

I guess we can thank the selfish retards that leave their taps runnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

seems they think it will be off for a while, we've been out to buy bottles of water and the supermarkets are running out, people were even buying bottles of sparkling water.

I think they'll have to send tankers of water around soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Several of the water mains have burst apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

And is there still no word on when it's being turned back on?

my partner was talking to a man when he was shopping for water, seemingly when this guy rang about the disconnection he got the usual response, cut off until further notice.
    when he insisted this wasn't a good enough response he was told it was likely to be off for several days.

Now this is not 1st hand info so take it for what it is, but if that's the case I hope they get some tankers off out about the areas affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

See the other (older revived) thread here.

Water was supposed to be back at 7PM on Monday 27th and cut off again at midnight. It hasn't been cut off yet, but the pressure is too low to fill the tank. Our tank is empty and all toilet cisterns are empty too. It is supposed to be back at 7AM according to the official sdcc website, but I don't trust that information

Also, DO NOT DRINK this water - at some point my water was brown. Disgusting.

My neighbour who went water shopping mid afternoon reported that there was no water left in any of the Lucan supermarkets

Maybe a good time to increase spending on public services while decreasing spending on public service salaries?

Yesterday afternoon, sdcc.ie said that the problem would be sorted by first thing this morning. Well it bloody wasn't - my tank did not fill up today :mad:

And I'm just after trying to make a cup of tea and the water is gone again :mad: :mad: :mad:

Incompetent heads need to roll methinks...
    sdcc.ie wrote:
    Water Restrictions Update 28th December, 2010 @ 3:45pm
    South Dublin County Council thanks it's customers for their patience and understanding of the prevailing water demand situation and the necessity for the Council to apply restrictions to the county's water supply. The Council continues to fully deploy leakage detection and repair crews to combat the ongoing situation.

Regrettably, the council needs to continue with restrictions this evening 28th of December, 2010. Restrictions will be applied across the county this evening at 7:00pm and restored tomorrow morning (Wednesday 29th) at 7:00am.

Customers can expect a significant reduction in water pressure leading to a full loss of supply. Customers are reminded that they will have 24 hours of normal water usage stored in their overhead / attic tanks which should have been replenished today when water was restored.

Same here, no water again last night in the tank, we got one run of the shower yesterday and that was it :(

Still gone this morning

Yep third day in a row without a shower, no dishes washed, no washes in the washing machine :mad:

What a bad joke :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

F**k you county council!!!!!

Girlfriend says, want a bj? I says yes! She says "shower?" I says brb. Turn taps, no water :(
    fuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The restrictions are to continue until monday at least.

http://www.sdcc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=817&Itemid=86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

has anyone in lucan noticed that the water looks kinda dirty, when i get a glass of water from the kitchen , it looks like there is powder in the water, it kinda turns white after a few seconds. it's been like this for the past 3 days. I'm in adamstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

bada_bing wrote: »
    has anyone in lucan noticed that the water looks kinda dirty, when i get a glass of water from the kitchen , it looks like there is powder in the water, it kinda turns white after a few seconds. it's been like this for the past 3 days. I'm in adamstown.

Mine's the same,comes out all cloudy and settles after a few minutes. Noticed when i empty a jug of water that there's a brown sludge that's settled at the bottom of it. Looks rank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The cloudness is harmless, use to clean the water.

Very common when water goes on or off or the pipes have been open due to a crack etc.

Just let it settle

Advertisement