Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with rafter owing to mice....

Options
  • 27-12-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭

Just been checking the house for problems to correct before the next big freeze and after finding little issues i found to my horror a rafter eating approx halfway through by mice i think.
    We had big problems last couple of years with them but they seem to be gone this year..

what i am after is an approx price to replace this rafter??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Any picture? is it lengthways or widthways?

Splicing and bolting may suffice, but that would depend on a number of things like section sizes, rafter centres, where on the rafter the defect is, etc.

Get a good locat Architectural Technician on-site to check it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭dahat

will try get a pic tomorrow,it is fairly gloomy in there.
    it is running on the angle of the slates.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 P3t3roc

It is my opinion that a good carpenter would be able to fix this problem without any difficulty, It would take him about a couple of hours and would cost sround €75 to €100

• Registered Users Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Problem sorted,simple brace.

20 euro

thanks for the replies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 P3t3roc

Delighted to hear you got sorted

• Advertisement
Advertisement