Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Overdraft

Options
  • 27-12-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm new to the whole overdraft thing and am wondering does anyone know if BOI are still giving overdrafts to personal customers?

I need to get some emergency dental work done (3 root canals!!) and will be a tight for cash in January. I've applied online but God knows when I will hear back and need to get work done ASAP!! I earn a decent monthly wage and have one small loan with BOI that I have been paying off monthly for 2.5 years.

So basically, has any personal customers had overdrafts approved of late given the state of the banking sector, or has the cash dried up??

Yours with a sore gob....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Not sure about overdraft but a top up loan may be another option. They are a lot harder to get any form of credit from.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, they definitely still do overdrafts. It takes a few days to process the application though, and with the christmas holidays it might delay things a bit more. It'll really depend on what size of an overdraft you are looking for, though. Depending on the amount, as Jet Black said, you might be better off seeing can you top up your existing loan. If I were you I'd ring your local branch tomorrow and see what they recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Toots* wrote: »
    Yes, they definitely still do overdrafts. It takes a few days to process the application though, and with the christmas holidays it might delay things a bit more. It'll really depend on what size of an overdraft you are looking for, though. Depending on the amount, as Jet Black said, you might be better off seeing can you top up your existing loan. If I were you I'd ring your local branch tomorrow and see what they recommend.

overdrafts can be approved in less than 1 minute, and on your account that night. ( of course depending on what type of customer you are and your credit record).

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ingen wrote: »
    overdrafts can be approved in less than 1 minute, and on your account that night. ( of course depending on what type of customer you are and your credit record).

That's rare enough these days, especially if you have existing borrowings. A lot of them refer to underwriters regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

cheers all

havn't heard anything back what with bank holidays and that but hopefully will get sorted out with this or loan top up

• Advertisement
Advertisement