Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your opinion of the sales in Carlow?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Just had a walk around the shops today looking for some bargains on men's clothing. I have to say, I was not impressed. As usual, the 50% off turns out to be a grudging 20% (if that) when you actually look at the prices, and most of the good stuff is not on sale at all.

Jack and Jones in the Fairgreen were only offering the same discount as last week - €10 T-Shirts for €8.50. Hardly worth calling it a sale, though they too have the usual 50% off filling the windows.

Haddens - pathetic. Shaws - terrible collection, but then they always had a terrible collection of men's clothing.

Is this just a Carlow thing, or is it the same everywhere? Is it worth a trip up to Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Mrs racso headin up on wednesday so i can report back then if thats any use to ya. Did not head into the sales this year as did not really need anything but have found them pretty useless last year.

Had meant to come on here and say that place special days was closing down before xmas and had great vallue on cards. I stocked up for the year and also their pic'n'mix was greatly reduced. Not sure if it's closed yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

i totally agree. I remember going to the sales last year and i manage to find some nice stuff in river island but all the sizes were too big..14-16. Im surprised that my boyfriend got more clothes than i did! river island has good sales for men i think. T-shirts from 3euro!!
    other places are just crap!
    yep went to birthdays and i think everything is 50% off now. well Yankie Candles and board games are! thats a bargain!
    if any of ye are going to kildare vilaage. watch out. A girl from work went there in november,went up again on the 26th, discovered a clothing and she noticed that some clothes are actually priced more expensive than NOVEMBER!! and they call that a sale!!???

Advertisement