If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SALE 2010 - SELECTED OFFERS #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Damn it John, I'd just got the SRU9600 about 3 weeks ago off you and finally got round to opening the box and now you throw up the SRT8215.....You're the A/V equivalent of a dealer :p

I suppose I'll just have to buy the SRT and sell/gift on the SRU!

Can these be collected in the Philips Store ?

P.S. Don't suppose you have any "one box" wireless speaker home cinema systems (don't need a dvd/blu-ray, just amp and speakers) ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

john, i was just about to place an order for the 1911, but it is too big for the cabinet! I looked at the slim marantz - is that as good as the 1911? What other slimline av receivers would you recommend?

thanks
    able

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

SAGEMCOM DTR94250 - 250GB FREESAT HD RECORDER
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Sagem...S/UserReviews/
    Were £249.95 - Now £99.95

Will take one off you if you still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

I'll take one of those too John........how much is shipping btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

E30 - hope all well - long time no hear!

F.Galway has expressed an interest in the SR5004 already - I have PM'd him but if he does not come back by tomorrow AM - It's yours!

I'll keep you posted,

ATB,
    John Mc

Morning John

Any chance of an update on this?

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

E30i wrote: »
    Morning John

Any chance of an update on this?

Regards

E30,

apologies for the delay - I'm not online much today as I'm travelling so apologies again - but that SR5004 is already winging it's way to that canny Galway man - Sorry about that - would you like me to go sniffing for an alternative and is so - any requests/budgets (and remember be reasonable - Santas back in retirement for the next 11.9 months :D)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

None on your .ie website John, any available?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

I know its not listed but would be interested in the Pioneer VSX920... unfortunately can't find an excuse to get rid of my Yamaha RXV-640 which I bought from you about 6 years ago. Its in mint condition, still have the original box, manual and remote. Any chance you can do me a decent trade in deal on this against the pioneer???? Might just convince me to jump....
    Thanks

Damn it John, I'd just got the SRU9600 about 3 weeks ago off you and finally got round to opening the box and now you throw up the SRT8215.....You're the A/V equivalent of a dealer :p

I suppose I'll just have to buy the SRT and sell/gift on the SRU!

Can these be collected in the Philips Store ?

P.S. Don't suppose you have any "one box" wireless speaker home cinema systems (don't need a dvd/blu-ray, just amp and speakers) ??

Don't do anything radical!!!!

..We are sold out of the SRT8215 at the moment!

I'll go digging and see if Philips Towers have any left when they all return from the Bahamas...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ablelocks wrote: »
    john, i was just about to place an order for the 1911, but it is too big for the cabinet! I looked at the slim marantz - is that as good as the 1911? What other slimline av receivers would you recommend?

thanks
    able

Able,

apologies for the delay getting back from you.

I L O V E those slimline Marantz's both the 1501 and the 1601 are really excellent sounding receivers and especially for Audio quality you won't go wrong.

In terms of other slimline receivers - there isn't anything!!!

Here is a comparison of the NR1501 and the NR1601:

http://www.marantz.eu/uk/Products/Pages/ProductComparison.aspx?CatId=HomeTheatre&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1501|NR1601

Main differences are the 1601 is 3D ready HDMI 1.4/ DPLIIZ (height) / HDMI CEC for linked remote commands / HDMI thru on standby / Audyssey and optional bluetooth receiver!

The NR1601 is the real bargain at £349.95 in the sale (this will change when the VAT goes up!) - It's only £20 over the NR1501 price - so to be honest (and I am occasionally ) It's a no brainer!

Apologies again for keeping you waiting so long and keep me posted if you would like to add a slimline model to your hareem....

;)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

almee wrote: »
    I know its not listed but would be interested in the Pioneer VSX920... unfortunately can't find an excuse to get rid of my Yamaha RXV-640 which I bought from you about 6 years ago. Its in mint condition, still have the original box, manual and remote. Any chance you can do me a decent trade in deal on this against the pioneer???? Might just convince me to jump....
    Thanks

Almee,

we are actually running low on the VSX920 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx920/pion-vsx920 It's now reduced to just £299.95 and at that price we would not be able to offer any trade in - but if I was you I would try your unit on Adverts.ie - AV stuff really does seem to shift there.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Will take one off you if you still have them.

David,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - Dave has tried to give you a shout - I'll pop an order on the system for you as they are running low - give us a shout back and we will get you sorted!

Thanks for the Biz,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Can you put me down for 1 of the Sagem 250GB Freesat recorders?

Also any good deals on a blu-ray player, preferably one with remote region hack.

I'll take one of those too John........how much is shipping btw?

Again Voodoo thanks for that!

Dave is calling you (but cannot get thru!) Give us a call to arrange!

Again I've put one on the system for you as an order,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fred Smith

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Sagem-DTR94250S/UserReviews/

Also available the DTR94500 (500GB Version) £149.95

John,

Would be interested in the 500GB version but it 's not listed on your main website. Can it be shipped to England, either local RS store or home / work?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Again Voodoo thanks for that!

Dave is calling you (but cannot get thru!) Give us a call to arrange!

Again I've put one on the system for you as an order,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Marantz arrived this morning and after blood sweat and tears finally installed!Amazing piece of kit, thanks again guys perfect transaction and great delivery time.
    Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi John,
    I have a Denon 1910 which i bought of yourselves around september 2009, i'm looking at at Denon 3311.. could we do anything in terms of a trade in etc?

Cheers,
    mick from lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

John, interested in one of the Sagem 500GB HD freesat receivers, if you have one. You can throw it in when you're passing on the way home some evening. :D

Almee,

we are actually running low on the VSX920 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx920/pion-vsx920 It's now reduced to just £299.95 and at that price we would not be able to offer any trade in - but if I was you I would try your unit on Adverts.ie - AV stuff really does seem to shift there.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John think the extra few quid off makes it a no brainer. Can you deliver to Dublin for me or do I have to trek north? Not sure when I'm up next but can pay up front if you put it aside..... Nearly forgot must be black!

• Advertisement

Marantz IS301 Bluetooth Ipod dock -
    Reduced from £269.95 to £129.95
    http://us.marantz.com/Products/2778.asp
    (Limited stocks)

Do you have any of those left and if so can I collect from the philips store?
    Can you put me down for one if so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Pioneer SC-LX73
    http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/98/405/SC-LX73/index.html
    Last one to clear reduced from £1299.95 to a mad £799.95

Hi John,

Is this a Demo unit or what condition is it in ? How would it stack up against my Denon 2310 with my MA RX6 AV12 package ? Also, I see trade in's being mentioned, if applicable what would it cost with my 2310 (have all packaging, remote unused, etc.)?

Also, do you have any deal on the LX83 which seems to be the one with most reviews?

Frankly, not sure why I am even asking this, some deals are just to damn tempting ! :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

John,

Is the PIONEER VSX820 gone?

no others left?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

Hi guys
    Can you reserve one of these for me please? Ill be looking to get it posted if possible. Will ring in acouple of days with payment details.

PHILIPS SRT8215 - 15 in 1 Touch screen remote control
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...10_pss_eng.pdf
    Were £59.95 Now just £29.95

Can someone ring me back about putting this order through please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

(and remember be reasonable - Santas back in retirement for the next 11.9 months :D)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Oh no I'm not !!!!

Any news on if the Philips Towers have any SRT's John ??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

John

Do you stock any Freesat receivers minus a HDD/recorder?

Looking for one for the spare room, and although the price of the Sagem is very good, won't really need the recording facility.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Hi John

What entry level speakers would you recommend to pair up with the Denon AVR1911 perhaps the Jamo A102 or would a little more money go a long way (Head is spinning with the options) :confused:

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Freesat hd recorder at £99, any left?

almee wrote: »
    Thanks John think the extra few quid off makes it a no brainer. Can you deliver to Dublin for me or do I have to trek north? Not sure when I'm up next but can pay up front if you put it aside..... Nearly forgot must be black!

John Might be in Belfast tomorrow so will drop in and see if you have the pioneer for me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

I'll take one of those delivered (to Dundalk)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.