Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on my new pc config

Options
  • 27-12-2010 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello,

I am in a need of a new computer and there is a decent sale on pixmania. I tried to build something under 600 EUR. I am interested in experts or tekkies opinion, please.

Foxconn TSAA680 PC Tower Case + 450W Power Supply - 24.71 EUR
    Cooler Master Excalibur 120 mm Fan - 11.49 EUR
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - 1 TB - 7200 rpm - 32 MB - SATA + Blue SATA II UV cable - 60 cm (SATA2-60-BLUVV2) - 50.31 EUR
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core - 3 GHz - Cache L2 2 MB - Socket AM3 + Artic Silver 5 Thermo Paste- 3.5 g Syringe - 78.41 EUR
    ARCTIC COOLING CPU Heatsink + Fan Kit - PWM - 29.47 EUR
    ASUS M4A89GTD PRO - AM3 Socket - 890GX - ATX Chipset - 89.26 EUR
    A-DATA 2 x 2 GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 PC Memory Modules - 36.28 EUR
    Samsung SH-S223L 22x Internal DVDąRW Rewriter Drive - 15.62 EUR
    POWER STAR LECT-12IN1-V2-INTS Internal Card Reader - 9.05 EUR

Acer S221HQLbid 21.5" TFT Screen (5 ms) - 83.86 EUR
    Logitech S120 Speakers - 7.36 EUR
    OMEGA Lacerta USB 2.0 QWERTY multimedia keyboard - black - 8.18 EUR

It is altogether 568.23

Plus a Window 7 from komplett.ie for 99 EUR.

It is not a gaming pc yet, but later will be upgraded with a Corsair TX750W Power supply and an INNO 3D Geforce GTX 465 - 1 GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 graphic card.

Thanks for any helpful thought,
    AF
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Go to www.hardwareversand.de and choose English, then PC configurator

You'll end up speccing a faster machine for the same price.. usually.

AMD 6XX Quad chip is a good allrounder budget cpu, but you should be able to get something beefier for gaming with that overall budget, and Sandybridge is just about the corner .. so wait 2 weeks maybe?

The concept of the build is strange.. going ultra budget.. but then putting in a huge corsair PSU and strong card? that case will have crappy airflow, the thing could end up sounding like a jet, ye be warned

Anyway, dick about on the configurator, good little tool for coming up with nice builds - the super flower 80 plus PSUs are recommended by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

read through the last few pages of the sticky'd thread Guide - the Budget Gaming PC

most of those builds are in the ~€600 range, and loads of people will help you out.
    you'd also end up building a better rig.

and just a comment on your rig you posted up:
    i wouldnt trust that PSU to power an LED light at stable volts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Airgidfaolchu

Thanks Jonny7!

I must go "ultra budget" as a result of freakin' unemployment and I'll buy "huge" and "strong" stuff when I get a job.
    I really appreciate your warning about the case. I'll change that, as well when upgrading the PSU and Graphic card.
    I checked the site you mentioned, but the same config I made up is more expensive there (+120 EUR) - thanks anyway. I wish I could order from pixmania and hardwareversand in the same time, but the delivery cost would be enormous.

Thank you very much for your time and help,
    AF

Dear Tea Bag,

What PSU would You trust?

Thank you for your time and help,
    AF

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Thanks Jonny7!

I must go "ultra budget" as a result of freakin' unemployment and I'll buy "huge" and "strong" stuff when I get a job.
    I really appreciate your warning about the case. I'll change that, as well when upgrading the PSU and Graphic card.
    I checked the site you mentioned, but the same config I made up is more expensive there (+120 EUR) - thanks anyway. I wish I could order from pixmania and hardwareversand in the same time, but the delivery cost would be enormous.

Thank you very much for your time and help,
    AF
    There's no real reason the two need to be separate ... for that price you can get a very strong gaming pc...

Also HWVS shipping is €30 flat rate, no matter how much you buy...

quick run through pc configurator on HWVS...

1798204AE81D4CD0A6FBA28421191A47-0000315821-0002096133-00800L-60493D5F8D704B81A86AEB8352D02010.jpg

€638.28 including delivery and windows 7, but without a monitor... and there's a few euros that could be shaved off in places (case) making it not that much more expensive than your original build, but better PSU... small differences between both sites like motherboard pricing, etc...

• Advertisement

Thanks challengemaster!

I really appreciate your efforts, good job. On the other hand, I do not have a monitor, it must fit into the budget. The HWVS's flat rate of shipping is fair, if one orders everything from their site, but ordering just one thing (i.e. Operating system) is not beneficial.
    If I ordered eveything from Pixmania, the delivery cost would be 30.99 and komplett.ie delivers for free.
    It is really about a handful of coins, but I will keep an eye on HWVS.

Thank you for your time and help,
    AF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

sorry to hijack the thread but I am looking for a decent monitor for cheap. The acer S221HWLBID screen looks really good for only €87 (FULL HD res, 5ms response time, HDMI)

Anybody else think this is a good monitor?

Specs

BTW would you mind linking me to the site you saw it for €85? On pixmania its €100 atm :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Good value even at €100, at least if you're desperate for HDMI and on a budget.

Dear Trevor451,

Pixmania is the name of the site I saw the monitor. It is 101,47 inc. VAT. and they deliver it to you for 17.99 inc. VAT. You will spend 119.46 EUR, if you choose this monitor.

Acer S221HQL

"The Acer S221HQL is part of the company’s thin S1 series LED backlit displays. The Acer S221HQL sports 21 inch panel designed on a black polished bezel and glossy foot stand. It features up to Full high definition resolution, 12,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 5 ms response time and LED-backlighting technology. It also includes Acer eColor Management technology, Acer Adaptive Contrast Management, is Energy Star 5.0 rated for low power consumption and is free of hazardous substances such as PVC and BFR. This includes the casing, printed circuits laminates, connector and internal cables for both system and panel. The Acer S221HQL support inputs and outputs such as D-sub, DVI and optional HDMI.
    Features

The Acer S221HQL LED backlit display features Acer eColor Management technology which adapts the performance of the panel to different environments, light conditions and viewing preferences, allowing users to fine-tune the display settings by refining the color precision according to the work mode such as data, media, cinema or images. It also features Acer Adaptive Contrast Management (ACM) technology which dynamically adjusts the contrast ratio to achieve optimized images. Each scene is analyzed to fine-tune images frame by frame and optimized to provide users with gradation and detail, especially for dimmer and brighter scenes. Another feature is the Acer eDisplay Management which is a tool that enables advance color calibration and display management. Each setting can be stored and recalled for different applications and lighting conditions. The Acer S221HQL comes with a 3-year bring-in warranty."

It is a bargain.

PS.: I misled you, you hijacked my thread. We are even :)

Cheers,
    AF

Advertisement