Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Samir Nasri Award for Most Improved Poster - Please Vote!

• 27-12-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭

The Samir Nasri Award for Most Improved Poster

samir-nasri.jpg
    nasrifab.jpg

remember that poster who flattered to deceive, or maybe was just plain shíte more often than not...

well, that poster is no more...and has been replaced by one who delivers.

so whose the most improved?

only 4 nominations at all put forward...
    Nominees:
    redout
    flahavaj
    BERBA
    Dempsey

whose done a Samir? 72 votes

redout
    0%
    flahavaj
    12%
    gimmickmickseZe^AnCapaillMordfx-flahavajSantryRedeagle eyeDolph Starbeam 9 votes
    BERBA
    83%
    Bounty HunterlordgoatSoulessChardee MacDennisJazzywhatawasterDr GalenMars BarFuzzy_DunlopLuckyLloydPeyton ManningredzerdrogDouble CAverage-RoYakultJohnerOrdinary manM5carlopxw2lj9uspm1eyh 60 votes
    Dempsey
    4%
    NeVeRdahatJigga 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BERBA
    Flah was a proper contender for poster of the year and pisstaker of the year at the same time while until this year I barely saw him on a board other than the one i moderate so there is only really one choice here imo and that is the fantasy manager of the Greasy Gowl Bags.

Do enjoy the others posts although with berba sometimes its mostly seing what reaction they get i enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

BERBA
    Flah gets my vote as his posts are a splendid lil mix of sense and shít stirring, they don't go too overboard.
    Boo yeah Flah!

(unrelated vid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Is there a commemorative Snood for the winner? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

BERBA
    Flah gets my vote. When I first came on here he was one of them typical United posters, but thats changed so much over the past few months, now he's much more objective and his posts are always worth a read. He's also good for the odd joke..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

BERBA
    I really enjoy Flah's posts. Only one gripe with him, he's from Waterford.

Looks like he's gonna run away with this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

BERBA
    Is this poll fixed? Flah is the only option that hasn't regressed*. And he's improved enough to make this a walkover.

(*Don't see enough of Dempsey's posts to include him in this.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BERBA
    THFC wrote: »
    Flah gets my vote. When I first came on here he was one of them typical United posters, but thats changed so much over the past few months, now he's much more objective and his posts are always worth a read. He's also good for the odd joke..

tbh i think he stopped giving a sh!t a lil bit back, before Ive a feeling he was partially put off by all the crap that can go on between posters on the soccer board ans as a result he seemed to be somewhat restricted to the Utd related threads previously but now he has branched out. He has always posted as he does now here on PW, He takes the piss but not in any nasty way and actually makes a point while doing so, so once you have a sense of humour he should make for a good read no matter who you support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who is Dempsey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

RasTa wrote: »
    Who is Dempsey?

Makepeaces partner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BERBA wrote: »
    Makepeaces partner ;)

showing you age there berba.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

flahavaj
    Can I have the name changed to the Anderson-son-son award please?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

BERBA
    These nominations are pretty weird tbh.

BERBA is an obvious troll, flavahaj's posts haven't improved at all (i.e. have always been good) and I've no idea who the Dempsey guy is.

The worst is redout being on the list though since he's been nominated for overall best poster at least once before and has been one of the best posters on the SF for ages.

Bizzarro imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

BERBA
    berba is both new and improved? hmmmm, i suppose he is the first spurs fan ive seen since TRO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

BERBA
    keane2097 wrote: »

BERBA is an obvious troll, flavahaj's posts haven't improved at all (i.e. have always been good) and I've no idea who the Dempsey guy is.

The worst is redout being on the list though since he's been nominated for overall best poster at least once before and has been one of the best posters on the SF for ages.

Bizzarro imo.

I don't think that's true, and I suspect flavahaj would agree with me. This time last year his posts were very different indeed. They were tribal and biased. During 2010 he has morphed into one of the few capable of posting intelligently, objectively and articulately on all clubs (including they're own).

I'm fully on board with the rest of your post though. That said, from skimming the nominations thread, there seemed to be very few cross allegiance nominations - i.e. Utd fans voted Utd posters in positive categories and rival fans in negative categories / LOI fans purely concerned themselves with LOI posters / etc, etc. That would serve to explain some of the frankly hilarious nominations.

All hail flah! :)

BERBA
    Possibly biased about flah due to sharing views with him fairly often, I always thought his posts were good though.

BERBA
    easy one this, Flah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

BERBA
    redout - excellent contributor but certainly hasn't improved over the past year, if anything he has regressed seeing as how he doesn't post nearly as often these days.

dempsey - I just haven't noticed much of him tbh.

BERBA - how bad was he before if he's now considered to have improved?

flah - Winner by a mile and genuinely the first name that entered my head when I saw the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Bizzarro imo.

Yup this is exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe flavahaj used to post poorly on topics other than United but I can't remember that. So, since I can't really contribute to this so I'm going to abstain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BERBA
    if the nominations are terrible, it's boardsies' own fault!

there were 10 days for nominations to be open; i just counted and gave you the choices.

• Advertisement

BERBA
    SlickRic wrote: »

there were 10 days for nominations to be open; i just counted and gave you the choices.

You just can't please some folk.

BERBA

I know whose fault it is, I have no idea why you would feel insulted about it.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    You just can't please some folk.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BERBA
    I know whose fault it is, I have no idea why you would feel insulted about it.

insulted by it?

lolz.

i'm not sure how you're coming to the crazy conclusion that i'm insulted. i just pointed out that the SF nominated the people, seen as people were confused by the 'quality' of those put forward. that's all.

anyway, it's Flah by a mile for me.

he was a piss-take merchant for ages, with a small dollop of constructive analysis. now it's both in equal measure, and it makes for much better reading IMO.

as others said, he's the first poster i thought of for the award.

BERBA
    Your reaction was like you felt you had to defend yourself which you obv didn't.

Next year will be my year for this one.:D

BERBA
    I would have voted for you this year.

I would have voted for you this year.

I'd need more than one vote.;)

Flah is the Man this year, Next year I have a clear run at it with Inter putting Rafa out to pasture and the Glazers looking likely to be on their bike, sure thats the main two topics that get me in trouble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

flahavaj
    Of those four, it has to be redout by several miles...mine of Barcelona information and images..with slightly less Barcelona bias..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It's like Fianna Fail all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

BERBA
    Flah by a mile no contest

Advertisement