Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best thing to eat with a dose of the flu...

• 27-12-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I'm thinking a nice Indian later and maybe sweat some of this crap out. Sitting here trying to study and all of a sudden I have had enough. 3 hours of coughing, spluttering, throat reefing....

I don't want to be stung having to drive to an Esso etc and pay a bloody fortune for some basics, as I did last night cause I left it too late....

Also in mind are a collection of vegetables. I know AH will find this topic very interesting.

What's the dinner to eat with the flu?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jay D wrote: »

What's the dinner to eat with the flu?

A large portion of deep fried man-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Snots and phlem.......om nom nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

A large portion of deep fried man-up.

Ah it's himself, are you an actual bot or something? Thought you might be on here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I know AH will find this topic very interesting.

:rolleyes:
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

I agree with the Indian.
    Had the flu a few weeks ago and couldnt taste much anyway. It was nice to be able to taste something and it really cleared the head. Get something like a Madras.

A nice big bowl of hot soup(chicken or oxtail) and a sandwich for lunch wouldnt go amiss.

EDIT: 69 posts, Giggidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Anytime im sick, mammy always makes some chicken-noodle soup.
    So that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ah it's himself, are you an actual bot or something? Thought you might be on here ;)

I am one of Star Belgrade's AH slaves.

I am locked in the basement of his house & for every thanked post I create, I get a sliver of cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

I agree with the Indian.
    Had the flu a few weeks ago and couldnt taste much anyway. It was nice to be able to taste something and it really cleared the head. Get something like a Madras.

A nice big bowl of hot soup(chicken or oxtail) and a sandwich for lunch wouldnt go amiss.

EDIT: 69 posts, Giggidy.

2nd that on the chicken soup, chicken noodle soup is quite good!

Cheers lads, not feeling like cooking too much must say so soup for now and an early rate between 4 - 6 from Bombay sounds like the winner.

• Advertisement

I am one of Star Belgrade's AH slaves.

I am locked in the basement of his house & for every thanked post I create, I get a sliver of cheese.

I'd say you get mouthfulls of cheese....hee hee hee:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a vindaloo or a phal, sweat that bastard out!

benwavner wrote: »
    I'd say you get mouthfulls of cheese....hee hee hee:eek:

I liked, even though you made me cough after laughing! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You don't have the flu or you wouldn't even contemplate cooking, eating or driving.

I liked, even though you made me cough after laughing! :D

Laughter is the best thing for the flu.....Google "fat guy falls down stairs"

Seriously though, thick chicken soup with a touch of tabasco sauce and a toasted ham n' chees sambo should sort you right out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Something with hot chillies in it.:)

galwayrush wrote: »
    Something with hot chillies in it.:)

You cant eat a whole band!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You don't have the flu or you wouldn't even contemplate cooking, eating or driving.

True, anyone with real flu is liying in bed, probably shivering and so tired eating hardly seems possible.

mike65 wrote: »
    True, anyone with real flu is liying in bed, probably shivering and so tired eating hardly seems possible.

It's man flu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah, a snuffle! Veg and chicken soup then :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Pussy

ah sure I'll just get a spoonful of Calpol in that case and clear the lungs, glad to have such medical advise on hand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I swear by cranberry juice.

Yeah, it's not even remotely the flu.
    :mad:

I was going to suggest forcing down some dry crackers, but an indian? There's nothing wrong with you

Ah the angry beavers seem to be out in full swing. I'll have a medium hot chicken dish, enjoying the oxtail now, then a few sleepers later hopefully get a lesser bad feeling tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Chicken noodle soup!

Disgusting really but nom nomnomnom

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah the angry beavers seem to be out in full swing. I'll have a medium hot chicken dish, enjoying the oxtail now, then a few sleepers later hopefully get a lesser bad feeling tomorrow.

You made us call round for this? Why I oughta...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Cloves of crushed Garlic, one of the bet natural antibiotics available if you can put up with the taste. :p

Advertisement