Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding lessons in Limerick?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys, I'm new at all this, i just joined so i hope I'm going the right way about it.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good equestrian centre in Limerick, I had a few lessons here and there when i was younger (a few in Adare manor & Clonlara) personally I didn't like Clonlara so please don't recommend them.

I'm 17, so somewhere not too expensive but also encouraging i really want to learn. I've heard Coonagh & Clonshire are very good?
    Has anyone been to these centres or gotten lessons there?
    I'd love one-on-one lessons but if they're too expensive I'm open to group lessons.

Any advice would be great :)
    Thanks.!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Clonshire is very busy, has lots going on ,an indoor, outdoor, cross country course etc.If you want a smaller more personal set-up, Eugene O Doherty in Newcastlewest in excellent. Had a few lessons from him, when I started to ride again as an adult.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~asduchasdochas/gatewaywest/ncw/site/html/leisure.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alli156

Laura, Coonagh is the place to go, small yard but great horses and facilities, the quality of the teaching is the best your going to get if you want to learn how to do things correctly. I have both taken lessons and kept horses there and couldnt be happier with the care and attention both myself and horse recieved. PM me if you would like a contact number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭kevin99

I heard there is stables in Southill, with free grazing. Horses can roam freely.
    It was described as a Do It Yourself yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Hiya, I ride at Clonshire, cant say enough about the place, its absolutely fantastic, its a family-run centre and they are so welcoming out there, a good wide range of horses/ponies to choose from, and lots of experienced instructors. They cater to all levels and you learn so much in a short space of time from them.

www.clonshire.com

Give them a ring, Tess in the office is great she will look after you :)

Advertisement