Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember Tusa Bank?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

The post below about when the banks are open over the holidays reminded me of Tusa.

About ten years ago I was working part time in Superquinn and they had an instore bank named Tusa.

It was run in collaboration with TSB Bank and whenever the shop was open, the bank usually was too - including New Years Eve 1999 - which was mentioned in the papers at the time.

They also had much lower rates on mortgages and stuff than the main banks.

But it closed down after about 2 years because of lack of custom.

So, what do people think? Were we just not ready for something so different back then and would it work nowadays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I remember it too from my days working in SQ.

To me it was just like a bank setting up a stand in a shopping centre. The Irish are just too private abut their banking to discuss it in the middle of a shop imo.

Advertisement