Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve in Cork

Options
  • 27-12-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

What are everyone's plans? Anything on about the place? I'd love a gig or something. The Lynch Mob are in the Pav and Souldriven in The Crane Lane but neither of them appeal. Nothing on in the Opera House it seems. Any ideas?

Kazbah

Comments

Worst night out of the year me thinks, I even hate the thought of being in the local for it but will probably go there with Dad, if there are loads of numpties near me I'll escape prior to the 12 bells to avoid the insincerity of it all :pac:. Happy New Year :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Staying at home with some nibbles and a nice bottle of champers. I refuse to pay over the odds for a night out any more, just because it's NYE....

Don't forget the cabs are probably double fare too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Don't forget the cabs are probably double fare too!

Eh...No theyre not!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

going out with my friends won't matter where cos we'll have a laugh like always, looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Few beers/ wine for herself. Chinese. And a few DVDs. And when it strikes twelve and the fireworks and cheering starts...I'll just turn up the volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Kazbah wrote: »
    What are everyone's plans? Anything on about the place? I'd love a gig or something. The Lynch Mob are in the Pav and Souldriven in The Crane Lane but neither of them appeal. Nothing on in the Opera House it seems. Any ideas?

Kazbah

There's a Depeche Mode tribute band in the Boardwalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

did i hear havanas is 25 with no free 1st drink or anything if it is its madness theres nothin special about that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I hate new years eve. I wouldnt go out tonite. Theres nothing on down here in the sthicks anyway only the pub. Nothing on TV either...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I hate new years eve. I wouldnt go out tonite. Theres nothing on down here in the sthicks anyway only the pub. Nothing on TV either...:mad:

Jools Holland's annual Hootenanny on BBC 2 is always something decent to watch if you like music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

did i hear havanas is 25 with no free 1st drink or anything if it is its madness theres nothin special about that place.

Nope over 20/21s last night and a free pint or bottle of Heineken or bottle of Coors light. Yay for free Heineken and only a tenner to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Nope over 20/21s last night and a free pint or bottle of Heineken or bottle of Coors light. Yay for free Heineken and only a tenner to get in.
    not too bad so , i know a lot of people that stayed in this year or stayed local compared to previous years .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

We ended up going to Havanas, think it was before 11 when went in and it was only €10. :confused::D

Advertisement