If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp and speakers

Options
  • 27-12-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I previously bought the Samsung 40" 686 and the philips 3000 bluray palyer from John and i am looking for a cinema sound system to use the above and sky hd with.
    Even if what you have is demo stock that would suffice.
    Budget would be appprox €400 but flexible.
    I was looking at the SONY BDVE370 but also the samsung 5500 in currys with DLNA for ideas.
    Based in cork so delivery would have to be by courier.
    Would appreciate your recommendations and prices by PM Or here.

Kind Regards,
    Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

Bump.....

Hi John,
    I emailed you also regarding this after trying to ring you,if you dont have a suitable system just let me know and i wil shop around.

regards,
    Kieran

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kmb wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    I previously bought the Samsung 40" 686 and the philips 3000 bluray palyer from John and i am looking for a cinema sound system to use the above and sky hd with.
    Even if what you have is demo stock that would suffice.
    Budget would be appprox €400 but flexible.
    I was looking at the SONY BDVE370 but also the samsung 5500 in currys with DLNA for ideas.
    Based in cork so delivery would have to be by courier.
    Would appreciate your recommendations and prices by PM Or here.

Kind Regards,
    Kieran

Kieran,

Apologies for the delay I hope we are starting to catch up a bit now!

I would R E A L L Y recommend that you try to get a decent separates surround system rather than one of those 'all in one' jobs - the diffetence in audio quality and system flexability a separates system offers makes them a no-brainer and to add to that they are up-gradable.

If you have a €400 budget - you could get the excellent Onkyo HTS3305 system which includes an AV Receiver with 3 HDMI inputs, optical and coax inputs and it even runs a second room if required - added to this - if you put the 3305 up against the 370 or most one box systems - it completely destroys them!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3305/onky-hts3305-blk

This unit retails at £299.95/€369.99 and we can offer free shipping.

The step up in a unit of a similiar nature we have is the really excellent Denon DHT1311 which was £449.95 but is now reduced to just £349.95 / €419.99 again including delivery.

http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=83742842-dc75-4090-b169-b916700fd158&SubId=8b8b4f1a-e5c8-4778-9e0c-3ae508022566&ProductId=d4140347-0068-4abf-b176-67f4ace0b825

Thanks again for the post & give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,
    Thanks for coming back to me.
    Do any of the two systems have wireless capability or will i have to run wires behind the sofa etc.

Cheeky questionan,any extra boardsie discounts on these two?

Would the Denon AVR1911 from the specials page and a 5.1 speaker set be as good or are above the best combo?

Kind Regards,

Kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Kieran.

Sorry for the late reply.

The Onkyo, like most other a/v kit, it's got wires.

I personally would never recommend a wireless system over a wired system as I have yet to come across one that I would consider to be good quality and worth the money.

Those are the best prices that we can offer on the packs.

The Denon receiver and a speaker package would always beat the Onkyo or Denon packs as the receiver is much better than the one in both those packs so let me know what pack you were thinking of as we have been able to hold some of the prices from the deals posting, but not all.

Regards

Dave

Hi dave,
    Thanks for coming bvack to me.

Can you please advise your recommended speakers to use with the AVR1911 within say roughly €400 or so?
    I basically want the best package for me dosh..lol.

Kind Regards,

Kieran

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kmb wrote: »
    Hi dave,
    Thanks for coming bvack to me.

Can you please advise your recommended speakers to use with the AVR1911 within say roughly €400 or so?
    I basically want the best package for me dosh..lol.

Kind Regards,

Kieran

Kieran,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are really trying to catch up on the backlog and hopefully we are starting to win!

If it was me and I had €400 to spend I would have no hesitation going for the excellent Boston Soundware XSB5.1 system http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Boston-Acoustics-Soundware-XS/ at £269.95 / €329.99 this system really is a great bargain - it comes including brackets & is available in both white & black - Boston is also now owned by the same guys who own Denon so they really will work well together as a system!

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and drop me a line if I can assist or if you would like me to pop anything aside for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.