Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre O'Kane at the Sugar Club

Options
  • 27-12-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

Never seen her gig before but seen her on the chat shows a few times and wondered what all the fuss was about? Is she supposed to be funny? Or does she have so many contacts in the media that no-one will tell her she has zero talent? Oh look, there's Amy Huberman in the audience laughing at a crap joke. Mary Coughlan is there too (the singler not the failed politician who thinks it's Einstein's Theory of Evolution) getting compared to Nora Jones! Does anyone real find Deirdre O'Kane funny who are not (a) Irish celebrities or (b) family. Has she had much success in Britain since she moved there a few years back or has she returned home to continue with these 'hilarious' shows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I think you've answered your own question there.

Personally I find her about as funny as leprosy.

Things didn't work out for her in Holywood either a few years back.

Only in Ireland do we love failure only slightly less than we despise success!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

She's what I hate about Ireland! Has the drive for success, contacts to achieve, and is probably a 'nice' person, but completely lacks genuine talent. Honestly, I didn't laugh once during her show. It's like 'Good on you Deirdre, getting up on stage and all that. Sure, you've got kids too, fair play'. If anyone is planning on writing a book called 'Is it just me or is Ireland ****?' then please include this 'comedienne'!

Advertisement