Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning sandblasted glass

• 27-12-2010 6:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone offer a solution as to how I clean this bloody stuff. I've had four panels of it fitted into my hall and living room doors. Obviously cleaning the smooth side is no problem but the rough/sandblasted side is another matter altogether. Every little stain, be it a finger print or water streak remains in it weeks after its been done. I've been told to use warm water and washing up liquid but I may aswell have used the fat and grease from our Christmas turkey for all the good it did.

Its so bloody annoying I'm tempted to just remove it and throw the bloody things out :mad:

Anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Use glass cleaner like windex, not water, as a lot of water will be hard and leave deposits. You could use distilled water and a little detergent, that should dry clean.

If you just have a few fingerprints or small marks, try just breathing on them then wiping with a microfiber cloth or roll a fresh piece of blue tack around on the mark. Scotch brand sticky tape will also lift greasy marks by pressing the adhesive side onto the mark and then peeling it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

It's practically impossible - the glazier we went to advised against installing it in our doors for this reason - looks great when pristine but impossible to keep that way.

We went for a laminated glass instead with the laminate in the middle giving the same effect as the sandblasting - a wee bit more expensive but very simple to clean.

Advertisement