Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunston's Betting Log

Options
  • 27-12-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Long time reader of this logs section and decided to finally register and start one of my own. I will be using the Martingale system with a starting bank of 300 and betting on all sports with all bets being close to evens in value. Starting bet will be 20 euro.

Bet 1: 20euro: Munster -4.5 10/11 Betfair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Bet 1 lost so double my stake for next bet.

Bet 2: 40euro
    Drogba to score anytime 6/4 Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

good luck this is an interesting method imo. you probably should have started using smaller stakes / bigger bank though! will be keeping an eye on this to see how it goes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

jive wrote: »
    good luck this is an interesting method imo. you probably should have started using smaller stakes / bigger bank though! will be keeping an eye on this to see how it goes :)

Agree, 4 losses in a row and your out but best of luck.

Woddle wrote: »
    Agree, 4 losses in a row and your out but best of luck.

Thanks. Ya 4 losses and i'm out but unfortunately i don't have the patience for smaller stakes! munster won by 4 points so the handicap bet was very close but munster were in fact lucky to win the game, poor performance by them.

By the way i won't ever be taking odds of longer than 6/4. This system has been used in roulette but an infinite bank is needed for it to work in that sense, hopefully high confidence evens stake sporting bets can make it a profitable system (although it will be very difficult with this bank/stake ratio

• Advertisement

Dunston wrote: »
    Bet 1 lost so double my stake for next bet.

Bet 2: 40euro
    Drogba to score anytime 6/4 Betfair

Bet 2 Lost.
    Really annoyed with that. Drogba wasn't in the game at all. Chelsea couldn't match Arsenal's energy and they seem to be in a real mess now.

Bet 3: 80euro.
    Airforce -3.5 v Georgia Tech 6/5 Betfair

Bet 2 Lost.
    Really annoyed with that. Drogba wasn't in the game at all. Chelsea couldn't match Arsenal's energy and they seem to be in a real mess now.

Bet 3: 80euro.
    Airforce -3.5 v Georgia Tech 6/5 Betfair

Bet 3 Wins
    Airforce won by 7 points in a low scoring encunter. Glad I didn't go for over 36.5pts and opted for the handicap instead. Was going to go for over 2.5 goals in the chelsea game earlier so this makes up for it. Now for the big guns, the falcons are unbeaten at home and should be able to dispatch of new orleans who lost to baltimore last week.

Bank: 336

Bet 4: 20euro.
    Atlanta Falcons -2.5 v New Orleans 20/21 Betfair

Bank: 316

Bet 3 Wins
    Airforce won by 7 points in a low scoring encunter. Glad I didn't go for over 36.5pts and opted for the handicap instead. Was going to go for over 2.5 goals in the chelsea game earlier so this makes up for it. Now for the big guns, the falcons are unbeaten at home and should be able to dispatch of new orleans who lost to baltimore last week.

Bank: 336

Bet 4: 20euro.
    Atlanta Falcons -2.5 v New Orleans 20/21 Betfair

Bank: 316

Bet 4 Lost.
    Disappointed with this as Falcons were gifted the lead with 10 mins to go by a bad error from Brees. He had an excellent game over all though, he drove new orleans on and the Falcons couldn't hold on to their lead.
    Time to double the stake again and for my next bet i'm going with Pyro's max bet selection. He makes a very solid case for this animal and I think a place is well within reach. By the way, as i said earlier, 6/4 will be my longest odds, the following bet will be my shortest at 8/11.

Bet 5: 40euro.
    Thegreatjohnbrown to place. 8/11 Betfair

Bet 4 Lost.
    Disappointed with this as Falcons were gifted the lead with 10 mins to go by a bad error from Brees. He had an excellent game over all though, he drove new orleans on and the Falcons couldn't hold on to their lead.
    Time to double the stake again and for my next bet i'm going with Pyro's max bet selection. He makes a very solid case for this animal and I think a place is well within reach. By the way, as i said earlier, 6/4 will be my longest odds, the following bet will be my shortest at 8/11.

Bet 5: 40euro.
    Thegreatjohnbrown to place. 8/11 Betfair

Bet 6: 80 euro
    Prima vista to place EVS Betfair

Bet 6: 80 euro
    Prima vista to place EVS Betfair

Bet 6: Won

Bet 7: 20 euro
    Sheilas Bond to place 5/4 Betfair

• Advertisement

Bet 6: Won

Bet 7: 20 euro
    Sheilas Bond to place 5/4 Betfair

Bet 7 Lost

Bet 8:40 euro
    First Rock EVS Betfair

Bet 7 Lost

Bet 8:40 euro
    First Rock EVS Betfair

Bet 8 Lost

Bet 9: 80euro
    Spurs Win 5/6 In Play Betfair

Bet 8 Lost

Bet 9: 80euro
    Spurs Win 5/6 In Play Betfair

Bet 9 Wins
    Spurs are playing some unreal football now and there speed down the wings is deadly. Thought Kaboul had blown it when he was stupidily sent off but Spurs rallied on and won there 2nd game on the bounce with 10 men.

Some really suspect picking of me so far. Have only won 3 out of 9 bets but the train goes on. I feel as if i've a safety net with my 20 and 40 euro bets and only start getting worried at the 80 euro mark which is stupid and i'll have to change that. Prima Vista won his race so the place was safe but in the 15.35 i went with First Rock simply because he's odds suited when my main hunch was Lightning Rod who won.

A better strike rate is definitely the aim and I will more than likely have another bet on the football tonight.

Bank: 362.67

Bet 10: 20euro

West Ham v Eveton
    Under 2.5 goals: 4/5 Befair

Bet 10: 20euro

West Ham v Eveton
    Under 2.5 goals: 4/5 Befair

Bet 10 Wins
    Went out on the smahoosh last night so missed out on united under 2.5 goals and Big Zeb earlier, not to worry though plenty of other betting today

Bet 11: 20euro
    Hurricane Fly 4/5 Betfair

Bet 10 Wins
    Went out on the smahoosh last night so missed out on united under 2.5 goals and Big Zeb earlier, not to worry though plenty of other betting today

Bet 11: 20euro
    Hurricane Fly 4/5 Betfair

Bet 11 Wins

Bet 12: 20euro
    Al Ferof to place 8/11 Betfair

Bet 11 Wins

Bet 12: 20euro
    Al Ferof to place 8/11 Betfair

Bet 12 Wins
    Al Ferof came 3rd. Better strike rate now. Backspin looks a classy horse and will keep an eye on her.

Bank 409.22

Bet 13: 20euro

Promising Anshan to be placed 4/5 Betfair

Bet 13: 20euro

Promising Anshan to be placed 4/5 Betfair

Bet 13 Wins
    Betfair payed out on 4 places and Promising Anshan grabbed 4th

Bank 425.22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Bet 13 Wins
    Betfair payed out on 4 places and Promising Anshan grabbed 4th

Bank 425.22

I followed you on that one but on PP :(

• Advertisement

homolumo wrote: »
    I followed you on that one but on PP :(

Unlucky mate,

Bet 14: 20euro
    Allee Garde win EVS Betfair

Being well backed and already into 10/11 since placing the bet

Unlucky mate,

Bet 14: 20euro
    Allee Garde win EVS Betfair

Being well backed and already into 10/11 since placing the bet

Bet 14 Lost

Bet 15: 40euro

Asian Handicap Wigan v Arsenal (-1) EVS Betfair

Arsenal should be full of confidence after their impressive win against Chelsea. They can go top if they win tonight and Wigan are lying in the drop zone. Wigan have conceded 19 of their 29 goals at home and I expect Arsenal to score a few here tonight. Fabregas is suspended but Arshavin should come in and do a good job. Expecting over 2.5 aswel but decided to go for this bet.

(If Arsenal win by just 1 goal my stake is returned and Bet 16 will be 40euro once again.)

Bet 14 Lost

Bet 15: 40euro

Asian Handicap Wigan v Arsenal (-1) EVS Betfair

Arsenal should be full of confidence after their impressive win against Chelsea. They can go top if they win tonight and Wigan are lying in the drop zone. Wigan have conceded 19 of their 29 goals at home and I expect Arsenal to score a few here tonight. Fabregas is suspended but Arshavin should come in and do a good job. Expecting over 2.5 aswel but decided to go for this bet.

(If Arsenal win by just 1 goal my stake is returned and Bet 16 will be 40euro once again.)

Bet 15 Lost

Bet 16: 80euro
    LA Clippers v UTA Jazz
    UTA Jazz Win 4/5 Betfair

UTA Jazz have beaten Clippers twice already this season and although the Clippers have shown some good form lately, they still have the worst record in the Western Conference.

Bet 15 Lost

Bet 16: 80euro
    LA Clippers v UTA Jazz
    UTA Jazz Win 4/5 Betfair

UTA Jazz have beaten Clippers twice already this season and although the Clippers have shown some good form lately, they still have the worst record in the Western Conference.

Bet 16 Wins
    No selections today

Bank 429.22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Going well for you fella, keep it up.

Bet 17: 20euro

TCU -3.5 v Wisconsin. 6/5 Betfair

I was away for a few days so haven't had any selections. Taking Archie's bet here to keep the ball rolling.

Bet 17: 20euro

TCU -3.5 v Wisconsin. 6/5 Betfair

I was away for a few days so haven't had any selections. Taking Archie's bet here to keep the ball rolling.

Bet 17 Lost

Bet 18: 40euro

Houston Texans -3.5 v Jacksonville Jaguars 10/11 Betfair

Was out again all day today at a match and only back just in time to make this bet and no time for reasoning.

Bet 17 Lost

Bet 18: 40euro

Houston Texans -3.5 v Jacksonville Jaguars 10/11 Betfair

Was out again all day today at a match and only back just in time to make this bet and no time for reasoning.

Bet 18 Wins

Bank: 445.58

Bet 19: 20euro

NHL
    Vancouver Canucks Win v Colorado Avalanche 11/8 Betfair

• Advertisement

Bet 19: 20euro

NHL
    Vancouver Canucks Win v Colorado Avalanche 11/8 Betfair