Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunston's Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Sir Vival wrote: »
    I just use BDO's official site which only gives stats on this weeks tournament. I'm sure there are good sites out there though.

That's a good price on under 9.5, cant see it going over 8 myself but under 10.5 definitely sits a lot easier with me. Are you only with Betfair?

On the issue of Robson getting more 180s, yes he should, but I'm seeing few 180s therefore it could be very close with 1 or 2 180s the difference between them.

Looked at the last round there, Philips single 180 came in a 7 set match and Robson's 2 180's was in a 5 set match. Tonights game could go to 9 sets but under 10.5 does look excellent value. I have paddypower account but will need to make a deposit to mke the bet. Looks like I will be going for this though at 8/11

Bumsex wrote: »
    i know its late but Albertus Pictor at wolves in 3 mins looks a very good bet,the value is prob slightly gone though.was 2/1 when i was on.

fcuk that anyway,im assuming u werent on,so no harm done.

Wasn't on it, thanks anyway Bumsex and hard luck

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Dunston wrote: »
    Looked at the last round there, Philips single 180 came in a 7 set match and Robson's 2 180's was in a 5 set match. Tonights game could go to 9 sets but under 10.5 does look excellent value. I have paddypower account but will need to make a deposit to mke the bet. Looks like I will be going for this though at 8/11

Hope you have the red button. BBC are awful for not showing the darts live on bbc1/2. If not, i'll keep you updated. Will have a fair bit on this bet as well if it makes you feel any better. There's definitely something different about having a biggish on the darts, i find it a lot more exciting than with other sports.

Hope you have the red button. BBC are awful for not showing the darts live on bbc1/2. If not, i'll keep you updated. Will have a fair bit on this bet as well if it makes you feel any better. There's definitely something different about having a biggish on the darts, i find it a lot more exciting than with other sports.

Ya darts are brilliant to watch even without having a bet, so would be glued to it tonight but unfortunately i won't even see the game because i've to head out, might catch the end of it but hopefully it won't go to 9 sets and i'll miss it! Anyway lets hope this comes in!

Bet 33: 160euro
    Martin Phillips v Gary Robson
    Total 180's in Match
    Under 10.5 8/11 Paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

2 already :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

its looking good.;)
    robson is all over him so their shouldnt be too many sets left.
    robson is 5-0 up on 180s,

anyone know how its going?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What did you back, Martin Phillips v Gary Robson Under 10.5 180's?

I got paid out on that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dossier

Finished with 10 180s

you were very lucky,
    philips missed his third dart for the 180 about 5 or 6 times he bottled it,bar winning the match.
    well done though,eventhough you prob made a loss from that series of bets??

• Advertisement

Yep, 10 180s so the bet was a winner. Didn't watch all of the match myself (watching connaught in the rugby) but flicked on and off it. Robbo looked comfortable enough early on but weaned badly, shouldn't have gone to a deciding set anyways. Really shows the poor quality of the BDO when only 10 180s were scored in 9 sets in a quarter-final.

Anyways money made all-round.

Was out until now and couldnt get on my account or see the match. Bet went very close but its a winner. Deserved some luck after that lakers game! And a thanks to Sir Vival for his post! Made a small loss after all that.

Bet 33 Wins

Bank 571.11

well done man,it might be a small loss from that series of bets but im sure its a big relief that you can go back to betting 20 and not 320..
    well done so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

I'd say you're a relieved man! Well done fella.

It's probably a good thing you weren't watching the match after all. When the match goes to a deciding set it's nearly always going to be about luck.

Not sure if you've had enough of the darts now but a good €20 bet would be Garry Thompson to beat Jan Dekker tonight at 8pm @ evens in my opinion. Both players have poor averages but Thompson is 5th seed (wouldn't draw a lot into this but worth mentioning all the same) and has lots of experience at county and international level. Thompson finishing was pretty good against Norris in the previous round and I think this will be the deciding factor in tonight's game as neither men will put up big scores.

I'll certainly be requesting odds of Thompson(-1.5), can see this being 5-2 or 5-3 to the yorkshire man.

It's probably a good thing you weren't watching the match after all. When the match goes to a deciding set it's nearly always going to be about luck.

Not sure if you've had enough of the darts now but a good €20 bet would be Garry Thompson to beat Jan Dekker tonight at 8pm @ evens in my opinion. Both players have poor averages but Thompson is 5th seed (wouldn't draw a lot into this but worth mentioning all the same) and has lots of experience at county and international level. Thompson finishing was pretty good against Norris in the previous round and I think this will be the deciding factor in tonight's game as neither men will put up big scores.

I'll certainly be requesting odd of Thompson(-1.5), can see this being 5-2 or 5-3 to the yorkshire man.

Ya just very happy i put the bet on with paddypower coz would hve lost with Betfair. Not so sure abt this one, think the market might have it right with Dekker as favourite. Dekker's average in the last round was higher than Thompsons, he also had 5 180's compared to Thompson's 2 and his highest checkout was 134 compared to Thompson's 116. So Dekker looks to be in slightly better form.

Bet 34: 20euro

Zafeens Pearl Win 5/4 Betfair

Bet 34: 20euro

Zafeens Pearl Win 5/4 Betfair

Bet 34 Loses

Bet 35: 40 euro

Leinster -11 v Ospreys 10/11 Paddypower

Bet 34 Loses

Bet 35: 40 euro

Leinster -11 v Ospreys 10/11 Paddypower

Bet 35 loses

Bet 36: 80euro

Milwaukee Bucks v Miami Heat -7.5 EVS Betfair

Really confident with this one. Heat will make it 20 wins out of 21 if they win tonight. They've been unstoppable this year and I expect them to win tonight by double figures. Bucks top scorer Brandon Jennings is out and they've lost 4 out of their last 5 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Liking the Heat myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Heat to beat the handicap or unders is gonna be a bet for me, i cant see Milwaukee scoring high in it as the Heat are pretty good defensively lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RocAFella88

stop fuc*ing betting on horses dunston!! san antonio spurs -4.5 against indiana pacers is free money man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

I fancy Heat aswell to beat the handicap best of luck with it :)

Just wondering have you any views on the darts 2moro?
    I fancy Philips to +2.5 againist Adams
    Winstanley should win too imo

Let me know what ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Interesting thread. Thinking of starting up something similar but maybe slightly lesser stakes myself.
    stop fuc*ing betting on horses dunston!! san antonio spurs -4.5 against indiana pacers is free money man!!

Really now? :p

never ever ever bet on the handicap before a close game like that,waited for in running and paid off big time..
    free money,are you serious,theres no such thing,well bar kauto star winning the king george..:pac:

Con1110 wrote: »
    I fancy Heat aswell to beat the handicap best of luck with it :)

Just wondering have you any views on the darts 2moro?
    I fancy Phillips to +2.5 againist Adams
    Winstanley should win too imo

Let me know what ye think

I think Adams will def win but Phillips +2.5 might be good, as he has shown that he never gives up, wouldn't be totally confident though. I'm thinking of going in at the under 11.5 180's. Both men only hit two each in the previous round. Phillips really struggles with his 180's and I can't see Adams hitting as many as hitting as many as Robson did the previous time this bet came in. This is first to 6 sets but i think under 11.5 is fairly safe. Odds are 4/6 though which aren't that great. Ya Winstanley should win but 2/7 is way too short.

Ya maybe the heat and spurs to win is free money but to beat their spreads is a different story!

Bumsex wrote: »
    never ever ever bet on the handicap before a close game like that,waited for in running and paid off big time..
    free money,are you serious,theres no such thing,well bar kauto star winning the king george..:pac:

Ya i saw that u got +9 handicap for spurs at one stage crazy... nicely done though

I think Adams will def win but Phillips +2.5 might be good, as he has shown that he never gives up, wouldn't be totally confident though. I'm thinking of going in at the under 11.5 180's. Both men only hit two each in the previous round. Phillips really struggles with his 180's and I can't see Adams hitting as many as hitting as many as Robson did the previous time this bet came in. This is first to 6 sets but i think under 11.5 is fairly safe. Odds are 4/6 though which aren't that great. Ya Winstanley should win but 2/7 is way too short.

Adams is a sure bet to win and I think he'll cover the spread. Phillips can't match Adams' scoring power and on his day Adams is a better finisher. I think the longer format will suit Adams as well. I'll be doing a medium bet double on Adams(-2.5) and Winstanley(-2.5) with a small saver on 6-4 Adams.

I think Winstanley(-2.5) @evens is a smashing price. He has the highest average left in the tournament and his scoring ability should blow dekker out of the water. I can see 6-1 or 6-2 Winstanley.

Nervous times again Dunston. Hope it goes well for you.

• Advertisement

Adams is a sure bet to win and I think he'll cover the spread. Phillips can't match Adams' scoring power and on his day Adams is a better finisher. I think the longer format will suit Adams as well. I'll be doing a medium bet double on Adams(-2.5) and Winstanley(-2.5) with a small saver on 6-4 Adams.

I think Winstanley(-2.5) @evens is a smashing price. He has the highest average left in the tournament and his scoring ability should blow dekker out of the water. I can see 6-1 or 6-2 Winstanley.

Nervous times again Dunston. Hope it goes well for you.

Ya not bad price man. Winstanley to score highest checkout is 8/13 on paddypower, and 5/7 on Betfair. 5/7 is good value Winstanely's finishing is a lot better than Dekkers?

Advertisement