Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 4GB

• 27-12-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭

Just a quick thread regarding the Xbox 360 4GB. I've been looking at picking up one of these and saw an ad for sale of one for €169 in Harvey Normans. But before I get one I've been trying to find some info.

- I'd be using it mainly for playing games like Madden and FIFA, hopefully online. Will it make much difference only have 4GB?

- Are there any major differences other than the memory between the 250GB and 4GB?

- I have an external Hard-Drive for 320 GB, will it work with this kind of model in tems of saving things on it?

Any help would be brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

ok

1. not if you dont install the games to the hard drive, or download stuff

2. theres no major differences, the 4GB model has a matt finish but the 250GB has a shiny finish

3. again yes but you can only use 8GB of the space on the HD to save stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    ok

1. not if you dont install the games to the hard drive, or download stuff

2. theres no major differences, the 4GB model has a matt finish but the 250GB has a shiny finish

3. again yes but you can only use 8GB of the space on the HD to save stuff

Cheers for that.

I normally use my HD for saving movies to anyways. Not too bothered bout saving games to the Xbox itself, it's just a case of getting up and changing the disk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cheers for that.

I normally use my HD for saving movies to anyways. Not too bothered bout saving games to the Xbox itself, it's just a case of getting up and changing the disk!

you still need the disk, they just make the xbox quieter and games load 10-15 seconds faster. 4gb will be filled with game saves in no time at all.
    my 20gb is full with game saves alone

Advertisement