Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water in Sth Meath around ASHBOURNE

Options
  • 27-12-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi. does anyone have water in the ashbourne area, it seems to be off since lunchtime today Monday
    . :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

No specific information on times etc., but a general notice for your area can be found here:
    http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/SevereWeatherNoticesInformation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SHESHA

thank u for the info.. probably be end of week before we have water... saw the Meath Co Council water conservation van in Ashbourne today, I think there will be more water turned off.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I've mains water coming to the kitchen sink, but the pressure is so low, it's not filling the attic tank :(

i live in a bungalow, water got to the attic tank by this morning, but a 2 storey near me has no water yet in attic tank and no showers etc, . the cold water pressure with me is not great though .:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 christmas baby

water is gone in the estate i live in (ashbourne),havent had any for 2 days,the fire service are going around filling attic tanks,at least they were yesterday,hopefully they'll be back because our toilets havent been flushed since yesterday :eek:

• Advertisement

Hi. do you have to contact the ashbourne fire service to get them to fill the attic tanks? I live outside ashbourne on way to Spar shop near coolquay lodge and loads around here (mainly 2 storey houses0 have no attic tank water since Christmas Day, can't shower or flush toilets..:(

SHESHA wrote: »
    Hi. do you have to contact the ashbourne fire service to get them to fill the attic tanks? I live outside ashbourne on way to Spar shop near coolquay lodge and loads around here (mainly 2 storey houses0 have no attic tank water since Christmas Day, can't shower or flush toilets..:(

yep you have to call them,dh just went out to ask them for a fill and they refused because we hadnt phoned ourselves!however they did say the water should be back in the morning,here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Oh so we're not the only ones with no water in Ashbourne then! :rolleyes:

We've only had problem since yesterday morning though. I chanced the shower again this morning and the water stopped again right before I could rinse myself! :mad:

Will chance taking a shower this evening... Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi

Anyone have the same experience as me?
    I have full pressure in the kitchen again and HHS toilet cisterns are filling slowly(even upstairs) but I still have nothing in any taps or showers upstairs!!! Getting paranoid that I am alone with this issue as my downstairs pressure seems to be back to normal and should be string enough to make if upstairs. I'm in johnswood.

exact same here this morning jarvis, i am in racehill

• Advertisement

I'm still the same. Antone get sorted yet?

ours is back since yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

jarvis wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone have the same experience as me?
    I have full pressure in the kitchen again and HHS toilet cisterns are filling slowly(even upstairs) but I still have nothing in any taps or showers upstairs!!! Getting paranoid that I am alone with this issue as my downstairs pressure seems to be back to normal and should be string enough to make if upstairs. I'm in johnswood.

Sounds like an airlock on one of the cold taps upstairs. Try running the cold tap in your bath. It should splutter for a while and eventually clear and clear the airlock and this should get your other taps working. It works for us every time

Hi. Water is back ok down here near Coolquay Lodge, Took a while for the attic tank to fill even in a bungalow.
    You might have an air lock.. try running a hose from your opened cold water tap back through the other open taps. .
    Seems as if the cold snap is on the way back!!:mad:

Thanks

I got into the attic and my tank is full so Air lock seems to be the culprit!!!!
    Gonna have a go at sorting now. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

Just to clarify ashbourne fire service were not filling attic tanks that was the civil defence who were filling attic tanks also ashbourne fire service did not refuse to fill anbodys water tank as a result of not being phoned as there was no phone in service .

The tanks that where in place outside in racehill and various other areas with taps attached have had water maintained by ashbourne fire service over the last week

gt4-wrc wrote: »
    Just to clarify ashbourne fire service were not filling attic tanks that was the civil defence who were filling attic tanks also ashbourne fire service did not refuse to fill anbodys water tank as a result of not being phoned as there was no phone in service .

The tanks that where in place outside in racehill and various other areas with taps attached have had water maintained by ashbourne fire service over the last week

yes you're right,it was the civil defence who refused to fill the tanks because we didnt phone them ourselves.

the tank sitting in racehill has a sign on it saying 'not suitable for human consumption' therefore,not very useful at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

yes you're right,it was the civil defence who refused to fill the tanks because we didnt phone them ourselves.

the tank sitting in racehill has a sign on it saying 'not suitable for human consumption' therefore,not very useful at all.

the not suitable for human consumption is a safety measure the water is from mains hydrants in most cases but silt and such can build up in those tanks,in my personal opinion you will be fine if you boil the water before consumption,also as far as i am told the problem in the case of racehill is due to altitude and pressure needed to pump the water up there apparently a pump needs to be installed somewhere nearby which will rectify the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Boil for a 5 to 10 mins solid and you should be fine. If there's grit or other bigish solids in it poor through a clean hanky and then boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Mains burst at Kilmoon, Ashbourne. Loss of water supply tonight and tomorrow particularly in Ratoath & around Ashbourne & Dunshaughlin.

http://twitter.com/#!/meathcoco/status/31787636708343808

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Water Notice –Burst water main repaired at Kilmoon, Ashbourne - Meath Co. Council wishes to advise that the water main at Kilmoon, Ashbourne is now repaired

Date Released: 31 January 2011

Monday 31st January 17.00hrs.

Water Notice –Burst water main repaired at Kilmoon, Ashbourne

Meath Co. Council wishes to advise that the water main at Kilmoon, Ashbourne is now repaired but it will be late tonight when some supply starts returning to households in Ratoath. It is expected that full supply will be restored by early afternoon tomorrow.

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/NewsandEvents/Name,45293,en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

Mains water was gone again last night, around 9:45pm...

Rang emergency line (1890 445335) who said it would be restored by 9:00 or 10:00am on Wednesday morning. No updates on Meath Co Co website, nothing on Twitter feed.

I've no problem at all with the water being switched off to sort out the service, these things happen. I do have a problem with the service not being restored until 10:00am on a Wednesday morning when people have to get into work, school, college before 10:00am.

My point is, if you have gone to the trouble of planning to turn off the water, is it that much of a stretch to simply let people know? Meath Co Co have been quite good at getting themselves setup with websites, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Just be consistent in using them...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

No water ourselves in Ashbourne last night this morning. Its a disgrace with the lack of information out there for residents.

No Uisce since I came home from work this evening. (Ratoath)

Dunshaughlin Water Supply - Burst Watermain - Burst Watermain between Ratoath and Dunshaughlin causing disruption to supply

Date Released: 29 March 2011

Dunshaughlin Water Supply : BURST WATERMAIN

As a result of a burst water main between Ratoath and Dunshaughlin, some areas are experiencing a disruption to their water supply.

Meath County Council staff are working to repair this as soon as possible.

Meath County Council regrets any inconvenience caused.
    http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/NewsandEvents/Name,46127,en.html

Hold it. Is that a trickle I hear? :)

No Uisce since I came home from work this evening. (Ratoath)

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/NewsandEvents/Name,46127,en.html

I should hope not. The last post before yours was nearly 2 months ago!!!

jarvis wrote: »
    I should hope not. The last post before yours was nearly 2 months ago!!!

I know, but there was a burst water mains yesterday.

Advertisement