Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multiple Rooms

• 27-12-2010 7:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    A question.. for guest houses/B&Bs how can they put digital TV into each room without having to pay a fortune for a box for every room or a situation where everyone has to watch what channel is on the box?

I know hotels have a different setup, but it would have been expensive to setup. What are the options for smaller businesses?

Rather disturbing that its to be switched of in 2011 and there is little said about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

Are you thinking about digital terrestrial or satellite?
    The boxes don't exactly cost a fortune & will get cheaper & I would presume these businesses would already have at least a distribution system for terrestrial signals.
    Depends on how many rooms you are talking about but by this time next year I would like to think that 10 or so boxes could be bought for the price of one half decent tv set. (bit vague but you get my point)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tom Slick wrote: »
    The boxes don't exactly cost a fortune & will get cheaper.
    Depends on how many rooms you are talking about but by this time next year I would like to think that 10 or so boxes could be bought for the price of one half decent tv set. (bit vague but you get my point)

B&Bs typically have 6 rooms, with guest houses slightly larger. Just would seem pricey enough to buy cables and boxes for each room. Is there any rough date when analogue is being switched off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

Analogue switchoff is scheduled for late 2012.
    Some businesses may have Saorview compatible tvs already installed (no need for boxes), satellite is a different matter.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

scaller wrote: »

You sir, are a legend. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement