Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Portarlington?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Has anyone elses water gone in Portarlington - Station Road area? Ours went sometime after 1am yesterday.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Crann Nua went today about lunch time. There was definitely water coming in at midnight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Kingdom wrote: »
    Crann Nua went today about lunch time. There was definitely water coming in at midnight last night.
    We still have ours in crann nua where as everyone else has gone around us.Pressure has dropped a little since yesterday though.

The pressure has gone now its only trickling out of mains tap tank in attic is now empty.

spotted a coco worker on station rd, he's coming up to crann nua to test pressure. I'll post when he calls up.

Co Co aren't officially back until thursday though.

Water filling point in town car park.

spotted a coco worker on station rd, he's coming up to crann nua to test pressure. I'll post when he calls up.

Co Co aren't officially back until thursday though.

Water filling point in town car park.
    Cheers thanks,is strange that we had water all over christmas where as the 4 houses over road were gone and next doors went christmas day,our mains is still working just not enough pressure to lift it to attic.Hope theres no leaks underground

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks,is strange that we had water all over christmas where as the 4 houses over road were gone and next doors went christmas day,our mains is still working just not enough pressure to lift it to attic.Hope theres no leaks underground

Exact same situation for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 misslizzy175

Thanks!!

Himself was starting to worry that it was just us. IL's water went on Christmas morning and ours Stephen's morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

my water is gone since monday last week :mad: its a fcuking disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emilymc

We have had no water since christmas eve.. it is a disgrace and there is no information even when you phone the emergency number, the girl asked me on the phone, why I didn't report anything as there is nothing reported for portarlington? sure who was I going to report it too.. we live in crann nua and I know 2 house who don't have any water either...

:mad:

In our cul de sac of 10, I know 2 houses are working.

Nobody came back from the co co either.

• Advertisement

Still have low pressured water from the mains but i'd rather have a shower and flush toilets than drink tea. :mad:

is your pressure still low kingdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bigboard

i'm from lansdowne in portarlington and the water here has been out since yesterday midday any1 know if its coming back soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 misslizzy175

Ours came back last night in Clanmalire and the ILs in Ballymorris got theirs back this morning. Himself asked the council worker that was going around yesterday and they just said it was frost in the pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lastsplash

had plumber out today , told me while i have mains water in kitchen, attic tank cant refill due to poor pressure.
    is this a general council issue or problem in Lansdowne?

Have bit more pressure today but stil not enough to reach tank

Just rang the council there now and they said there hoping to have the pressure back to normal today or early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Just rang the council there now and they said there hoping to have the pressure back to normal today or early tomorrow.
    and you believe them. what we are doing, know its a pain but at least we can bath, have heat on etc is that we are feeling the tank with buckets.

and you believe them. what we are doing, know its a pain but at least we can bath, have heat on etc is that we are feeling the tank with buckets.
    No not really just clinging to hope,my wife is due to give birth any day we'll smell like tramps going in,lol.

No not really just clinging to hope,my wife is due to give birth any day we'll smell like tramps going in,lol.
    ahhhhhhhhh congrats. try filling tank yourself, is a pain but worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the lack of pressure means most newly built houses wont have enough pressus to reach the attic tank.... even pine villas single story houses cant fill their attic tank.

i found last night that as the demand dropped the supply pressure was enough to fill the tank. hopefully it will again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Stems

Hey , im in Kilnacourt and pipes froze on Xmas morning and water still not back. Everyone elses pipes that froze have come back but not ours. Does anyone know could there be a different problem or do they all take different lengths of time to thaw out. Thanks

Our tank has filled up today so must of got small bit of pressure back.

is everyones water back to normal now?

i wish, a bit more pressure but still cant even use the washing mashine

Water went tonight, managed to get shower in @ approx 1.30a.m., wife went to have one and the electric shower nearly blew up. Checked tank in attic and empty.

Wonder is it connected to the works going on on the road?

Water went tonight, managed to get shower in @ approx 1.30a.m., wife went to have one and the electric shower nearly blew up. Checked tank in attic and empty.

Wonder is it connected to the works going on on the road?

Have noticed since the freeze the water pressure has gone right down during the night just a trickle.

Have noticed since the freeze the water pressure has gone right down during the night just a trickle.

Yeah checked first thing this morning (@ 8a.m.) and the tank was full. Crazy that. Thanks,

Advertisement