Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOI - Bargains

Options
  • 27-12-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

Bought FM2011 my first ever FM purchase and I've decided to start with Bohemians as my testing the water/practice game. Any tips about players to get in/ship out? Only got ~€300 wage budget so I'm gonna have to shift a few players on.

So far from what I've read;

Joe Lapira
    Ronan Finn

Any more recommendations welcomed. Especially in Defence/DM as the Assistant says we're **** there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

One man was unbelieveable for me in 1st 2 seasons for Sligo and still is:
    Clive Delaney,CB, player of the year 2 seasons in a row.
    To be honest Lapira was alright for me, scored 16 in 1st season but after that was awful and constantly injured. Stay away from Terry Dixon as well, was dire. Alain N'Kong,CAM, was pure class for me though. Try get a parent club as well if ya can.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Bought a number of lads wwith St Pats, screenshots attached..
    Hire two decent scouts and then push the board into letting you scout furthewr afield and you will get a feww gems..:D

two more here too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 davidc9546

Clive Delaney has been a rock for me with Sligo Rovers :D Every game he is "dominant in the air" (he's 6' 7" in fairness) Has an average rating of 7.27 for me aswell :D

Another "definite purchase" is Mark Farren from Derry City. You can approach him during the first season. Has scored 9 goals in 9 games for me so far in the 2011 season. His wage is around 550 p/w but its definitely worth it :D

Other good singings are Owen Heary ,Barry Ryan (Galway keeper) and Ronan Finn. (all free after first season). I'd Lapira on trial but he was useless.

Edit: I signed Bob Malcom on a free aswell but he hasnt lived up to his stats... He's worth over 100k so i think i'll move him on next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mad how different players can be in different games. Lapira is still class for me, and I'm in the CL Groups year in year out!

Ronan Finn is a seriously quality player in it too. Also had Clive Delaney but got rid after a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

When your startin out John Paul Kelly isn't too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Right; played two seasons with Bohs and I've come across a few decent players. Having said that I have had the wage budget and transfer budget to spend thanks to miraculously qualifying for the Champions League Group Stages both times [miracle results the first time against Copenhagen and the handiest draw going the second time - Macedonian Champions for the final qualifying round] those who have shone;

Clive Delaney - As mentioned, he's available for free at the start of the game and he's simply immense - 11 goals in both seasons for me.

Sean Thornton - Recommended by the coaches and his stats are class. Might be too expensive for anyone other than Boh's though.

Karl Sheppard - Signed on a free after Season 1 he's now worth 500k and banging them in.

Joe Lapira - Another freebie; solid versatile but unspectacular.

Florent Petit - GK who's immense

Richard Wright - solid back up GK for Petit

Calum Davenport - Again might be too expensive [wages; he's a freebie] for anyone other than Boh's but he's a beast - averaging 7.55 for me at the minute

Jonathon Fortune - See Davenport but just not as spectacularly good.

Of the players I inherited; Cretaro, Brennan, Byrne, Oman and Keegan are quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Junior D wrote: »
    When your startin out John Paul Kelly isn't too bad either

I signed him in my first season in the first division. It's 5-6 years down the line and we're in the premier and he's still performing well for us.

Mad how different players can be in different games. Lapira is still class for me, and I'm in the CL Groups year in year out!

Ronan Finn is a seriously quality player in it too. Also had Clive Delaney but got rid after a year.

I think thats the beauty of the game :D I mean it'd b no fun if i could find players on this thread that are guaranteed to be class.... lol if you had the same Clive Delaney i had u wudnt have got rid of him ;)

Seriously ye have to get Mark Farren on a free from Derry.... 13 in 13 now. Its almost unfair to have him on my team

Paddy Madden if you can get him on a free is well worth it as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Got Lapira for my Salthill Devon side, he's scored 5 in 7. Not bad considering we're bottom :rolleyes:

Other decent players I got in: Andrew Hageman (solid CB), Josh Swann (young GK), Moses Barnett (CB who grows and grows), Joe Wright (LW, best player at the club) and the inimitable Kofi Poyser, who sometimes bangs in goals and other times doesn't even seem to be watching the match!

Anyone any ideas on good tactics for the first division?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's a Sligo Rovers player [Richie Ryan] I think who has to be a plant too; his stats are incredible for IPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dunno if its in this thread but its defo on this forum. Sign the Brazilian called Cristiano. He's a striker and plays for some Maltese side I think. Class.

cson wrote: »
    There's a Sligo Rovers player [Richie Ryan] I think who has to be a plant too; his stats are incredible for IPD.

He's the LOI player of the year isn't he? The only thing he gets injured alot for me... He had 5 goals for me in his first 3 games in the 2011 season for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Dunno if its in this thread but its defo on this forum. Sign the Brazilian called Cristiano. He's a striker and plays for some Maltese side I think. Class.

I think someone in the other thread mentioned his price went up to a few hundred grand since the last update. It'd be a shame if it's true.

Mark Farren..... 11 goals in the first 6 league games :O includin 2 against bohs away and 4 against shamrock rovers at home :D free transfer after the 1st season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Clive Delaney has no interest in joining Rovers :( I sent him 2 very good contract offers, both rejected.

Joey Laipra has scored 14 and i have only played 10 games into the season. Will post screenshots of my transfers soon. Sold JP Kelly, Damian Lynch, Stuart Byrne, Derek Pender and Trevor Molloy for a combined 30k give or take, lowered my wage budget!! Get your scouts to scout Engalnd and Scotland for out of contract youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

karl sheppard and ronan finn are quality players.

Advertisement