Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re power showers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

Hi Guys,

I am getting a little lost on the technical side of things mentioned in previous posts. I am thinking of going with a 1.5 bar pump and hopefully there will be no disasters. As mentioned I do have copper piping and I take it this means less of chance of leaks as opposed to the other type piping???!!!

I was thinking of Grundfos Pump as Monsoon pumps reallys expensive. Any views on Grundfos Pump. It is only for one shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I know the old saying is you get what you pay for but with pumps its truely the case.

Salamander = brilliant but expensive & have lots of silly overkill regulations to follow

Stuart Turner/Monsoon = cheaper, good quality base pump without the regulations

Aqualisa used to do a pump I used now and again, they've since changed them and I've not used the newer ones but normally anything Aqualisa put their name to is pretty good! http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/Trade/our-products/Browse-showers-by-range/Mach-Pumps/ 1.2bar pump would do you well, price it maybe!

Only other pumps i've worked with are Newteam. I've not bought one for a client myself but if a client supplied it then I would install it. I think they are like a b&q pump. Cheap and cheerful like most things in b&q or argos. Do the job needed but without much guarantees to be long lasting and good performance over the years.

Thank you. I'll check out price of the Stuart Turner/Monsoon pump. Grundfos was quoted as 165.00. How much more do you think above pump would be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Sparkpea wrote: »
    I know the old saying is you get what you pay for but with pumps its truely the case.

Salamander = brilliant but expensive & have lots of silly overkill regulations to follow

Stuart Turner/Monsoon = cheaper, good quality base pump without the regulations

Aqualisa used to do a pump I used now and again, they've since changed them and I've not used the newer ones but normally anything Aqualisa put their name to is pretty good! http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/Trade/our-products/Browse-showers-by-range/Mach-Pumps/ 1.2bar pump would do you well, price it maybe!

Only other pumps i've worked with are Newteam. I've not bought one for a client myself but if a client supplied it then I would install it. I think they are like a b&q pump. Cheap and cheerful like most things in b&q or argos. Do the job needed but without much guarantees to be long lasting and good performance over the years.

stuart turner and monsoon is controlled by modern plant down here. Arrogant attitude to probelms but brilliant repair and techanical service should you need it. But you need to buy the pump from there agents so you pay extra. Aqualisa is controlled by MT agencies down here. Again brilliant pump.
    TANGLEWOOD wrote: »
    Thank you. I'll check out price of the Stuart Turner/Monsoon pump. Grundfos was quoted as 165.00. How much more do you think above pump would be?

Grundfos is now marketing and controlling salamander its there cheap pump. With due respect you get what you pay for. Either buy a fiat or by a volkswagan. The choice is yours.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Just need to price everything now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement