Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moment of the year?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

So what has been your highest moment as a spurs fan in the last 12 Months?

Allot of options and even though I can imagine either Inter game will come high I'm going to for the slightly more Random Beating Man City 1-0 to get 4th spot.

I didn't think in a million years we'd do it, I was all alone bawling my eyes out in some old fart pub in Waterford. It pretty much balanced the previous 15 years of heartache as a spurs fan.

So how about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Has to be beating City 1-0 to get 4th,it took a while for it to sink in that we were actully in the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

There have been so many, but if I had to pick just one it'd have to be the 1-0 away win at Man City. The scenes when Crouch got that goal were simply amazing.

Not so far behind are the 3-1 and 2-3 wins against Inter and Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There were a few! Beating Arsenal at home, John Terry getting sent off again in WHL while we beat Chelsea, Crouch's goal to get us 4th, our 3rd goal at home to Inter, but I'm with you ziedth, the thing that started it all was Crouch's goal to get us 4th. I'd dreamed of it happening and it finally did, and it was just as good as I'd hoped it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

All the mentioned were brilliant, here's another one, danny rose will enjoy showing his grandchildren this clip :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r0clOtSRlo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus ya,

Beating Arsenal was as good as the Inter game at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

crouch's header at Man City

Massive Massive Massive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

its a flip of a coin between the city game and the inter home leg. both massive in their own right.

city got us to the champions league n i nearly roared the house down when crouchy put it in the net. i ran into the kitchen n popped open a bottle of champers! my missus thought i was insane. i couldnt sleep that night i was buzzin so much.

inter game. beating the european champions. says it all really. made better by the fact i was at it (thanks to hatch)

they are prob the ones most will go for i think but what about transfer deadline day n the arrival of van der vaart? massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Has to be the win at Eastlands. It capped off a great season and came on the back of the home wins against Arsenal and Chelsea.

The wins this season against Arsenal and Inter were great too but to come out on top in a game that had so much riding on it was just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Beating Man City 1-0 to get the Champions League spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

3 stand out for me !

Beating arsenal at home and losing my voice when Danny scored and i had an oral exam for the Leaving Cert the next day ! lets just say it wasnt fun and i failed miserably maybe because i nodded my head instead of answering the examiner :p

Beating Man City to Secure 4th place... down the pub in tears me being the only spurs fan surrounded by man city fans and even more man united fans laughing at them :D

Best moment would have to be beating Inter an home (thanks to mullo) dont think il ever have a better feeling in white hart lane, everything that i expected to happen didnt and ive never seen spurs play better :) looking up at the big screen and seeing us beat the european champions 3-1 is a memory il never forget :D

COYS !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Emoran wrote: »
    3 stand out for me !

Beating arsenal at home and losing my voice when Danny scored and i had an oral exam for the Leaving Cert the next day ! lets just say it wasnt fun and i failed miserably maybe because i nodded my head instead of answering the examiner :p

Beating Man City to Secure 4th place... down the pub in tears me being the only spurs fan surrounded by man city fans and even more man united fans laughing at them :D

Best moment would have to be beating Inter an home (thanks to mullo) dont think il ever have a better feeling in white hart lane, everything that i expected to happen didnt and ive never seen spurs play better :) looking up at the big screen and seeing us beat the european champions 3-1 is a memory il never forget :D

COYS !

Same 3 for me and the added bonus of being at WHL for the goon and inter games.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Signing Van Der Vaart is massive

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

The last ten minutes of the first half against villa with ten men. Dont think i ever seen spurs play keep ball as good as that before it resembled the great barcalona. We made villa look like idiots. But my favourite moment has to be crouchs goal against city just wanted to add something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

1. Crouch's goal - indescribably important
    2. The Arsenal game which I watched in a London pub full of the other lot :D indescribably delirious
    3. Home vs Inter Milan - indescribably proud - we had arrived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nothing will touch beating Inter 3-1, the way we played that night.

The wins vs City, Chelsea & the Nomads were all so we could have nights like the above, afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I have to say that even though I championed the Man City game, when you say that we played the European champions off the pitch and shut up all those that were saying we hadn't a hope when the draw was made I really might pick the inter game. Think we need a poll! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I saw a lot of great things from Spurs in 2010.

I saw Crouch score a £30m goal at Eastlands to secure us CL football.

I saw us beat a "top 4" side away from home for the first time in 69 attempts.

I saw a former Goon/Chelsea player wear our captain's armband that day.

I saw us beat the Goons and Chelsea at home when everybody had written us off and talked about the other two sides in terms of their league challenge.

I saw Gareth Bale become a man.

I saw Danny Rose score THAT goal.

I saw us beat the European champions at White Hart Lane.

But what I loved the most, halftime in the San Siro I saw my mate turn to me and say "if you want to leave now I'll head with you" but I said no, I'd waited long enough for a night like that and I wasn't sneaking out with my tail between my legs. We stayed until the end, sang our hearts out and saw Bale's hat trick.
    It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

Sums up my favourite moment of 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

For me I think it has to be City away in May. Tears of joy were shed that night for all the years of hurt and disappointment and that night made it all worthwhile. Danny Rose goal is a close second, I was there that night and almost lost my phone as it flew out of my pocket in the wild celebrations :D
    Luckily it turned up at the end on the ground a couple of rows ahead of me. That night also lead to a crazy journey home via Holyhead due to ash cloud and one of the best nights out with fellow Yids in a pub in Holyhead, but it was all worth it to see us beat the Goons on our journey to Champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Harry's top top brazilian control on the sideline.

Seeing Bale develop into the player he has become.

I was sick as a dog for the City game which took a little of a gloss of it, nothing quite like watching a dream that I hadn't grown out of come to fruition, while puking your guts up.

The Work of Vaart signing, everyone saying "oh yeah" he is finished, and just watching his class and even more so his commitment unfold.

Lennon's goal against the Pool recently (was in a boozer surrounded by Pool fans)

Walking into the match against Young Boys in Kinsale in Cork and just bursting out laughing when my Mrs says "typical spurs".

So many, I love being a Yid :D

Advertisement