Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for lunch & dinner tomorrow please???

Options
  • 27-12-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I've been reading over the past few posts and some of you foodies are just fab!

Tomorrow, I have some guests for lunch and dinner.

I'm caught between doing nibbles or a meal? Most of them are fed up with xmas stuff at this stage...I have a couple arriving for 'lunch' at one and three more couples arriving about 5....I really haven't a clue what to cook for any of them.

I was thinking of nibbles - but what nibbles? They would have to be pretty filling for the lunchies as they're leaving to go to dinner elsewhere at 4...but the people arriving at 5 are having a decent lunch elsewhere, so I'm reluctant to do a dinner for them either...!

Has anyone any ideas for a decent spread, without me having to spend a small fortune on new ingredients - I have no xmas food left btw! Thanks alot - I'd really appreciate any ideas...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

what i would do now would be a buffet much easier and when the 1st guests have gone what evers let over stick in the fridge for the next set of guests http://busycooks.about.com/od/dinnerpartymenus/a/buffetentertain.htm

thats a good site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Great thank you, I'll have a look at that site:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

For lunch maybe do a little platter of bread, crackers, fruit, cheese and pate. Zero work, and is only as filling as your guests want it to be.

For your dinner for 8, if I was going out for another meal this week, I would want something really simple and probably quite un-Christmasy. What about some chicken in a white wine and cream sauce with pasta and a nice crispy salad?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Hope it went well.

Advertisement