Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Sligo

Options
  • 27-12-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there, anyone know of a reasonable price gym in Sligo offering 3/6 month memberships?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Something I might look at my self this new year. I think the Hotel beside the Bus Station might offer shorter memberships, dont think they have a pool though. The Sligo Park on Pearse Rd might also offer shorter membership as well, they might have a small pool as far as I know.

Have you enquired at the Leisure complex beside the Race Course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I think they all do 3 months membership these days. When I was ringing around the prices were much the same. Although I think the Clarion might have been the cheapest (not by much though).
    We went with the Sligo Park as it's nearer to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

irish-stew wrote: »
    ..I think the Hotel beside the Bus Station might offer shorter memberships, dont think they have a pool though...

They've got a pool alright, not the biggest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Mercy gym: 0719146553 Offering 1month memberships - yearly and anywhere in between.

Sports complex in cleveragh. Gym and pool with options to join one of the two or both at peak and off peak rates. Free weights set up would be better in the mercy though.

The southern hotel is very small and not much equipment. If you want somewhere quiet just to use a treadmill and a few machines it may suit you but other than that you'd get better value else where.

Been ages since i was in the park hotel gym but they have nice cardio and resistance machines with a small but adequate if its quiet free weight selection. Pool etc also.

The clarion hotel: Probably the best equipped free weights aside, plenty of cardio equipment and machines, exercise classes, pool etc.

Radisson hotel: Was only in the once and dont remember that much but pretty standard set up, if you live near it worth checking out.

Yeats in rosses point: Was never in it but again if its in any ways convenient to ya have a nosey as its meant to be fairly decent.

Avena leisure, ballysadare: Not exactly a hard core trainin gym but as above, if local check it out. If memory serves they have technogym equipment which is top of the line stuff.

Sligo IT: Gym only, nice equipment and despite its lack of free weights i always enjoyed training there.

My opinion: The mercy or if you want the bells and whistles check the clarion.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

my friend goes to the clarion. i think she told me the membership includes classes(spinning, aerobics...) too. her fitness coach started her on this hardcore bootcamp style program (wouldnt be my style but she loves it)

i used to go to the radisson, mainly because they have a great pool area that i loved using after my workouts. good size pool, steamroom, sauna and the best: outside hottub. but you better go at quiet times to avoid screaming splashing kids being in your way (dont get me wrong i love kids)

is there still a gym/pool at riverside suites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just an additional question on the gyms, anyone know if any of them include classes in their membership, prefabaly spin/spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Thought this was a thread about the famous Jim F :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

irish-stew wrote: »
    Just an additional question on the gyms, anyone know if any of them include classes in their membership, prefabaly spin/spinning.

As far as I can tell the Clarion includes classes in their prices. Spin classes on a few times a week.
    http://www.sanovitae.com/Sligo/Timetable.aspx

Looking at joining there myself so hopefully know more details the next few days once I'm back to Sligo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I know it's an old thread but just wondering if there's been much change in the Sligo gyms lately? I am considering joining the Radisson as the Clarion is way too busy from what I hear. Never been to the gym in Radisson, would it be a similar size to Clarion one? Anyone know if it would be as busy as Clarion usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Don't know much about The Radisson but The Clarion is packed lately, I think a lot of people joined there when Genesis closed. I'd stay away for now, thinking of leaving there myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Don't know much about The Radisson but The Clarion is packed lately, I think a lot of people joined there when Genesis closed. I'd stay away for now, thinking of leaving there myself

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Why did genesis close? Always seemed busy

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Why did genesis close? Always seemed busy

There are sold signs outside. I wonder if the members of the club will get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I think someone said on another Sligo post, that Genesis had a post on their FB telling customers to contact them for refunds. Yeah saw the sale signs on it the other day. that was a quick turnaround!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

What sligo's lacking is a well stocked gym. I find that the Clarion is atrocious for being packed and having to wait for equipment.

I know you can pay for use of open gym in ROM, its pretty busy most of the time I think..

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I know you can pay for use of open gym in ROM, its pretty busy most of the time I think..

ROM?

Its down by Argos/ Mr Price in Cleveragh retail park, they do classes and stuff there aswell, I think you can get 10 classes for 50euro.. or you can pay for unlimited classes/ use of the gym for 60 a month, and unlimited use of open gym for 50 also if I remember right. I used to go there, but the class time in another gym suited me better, Google Rom Sligo.. the schedule and prices should be there:)

Advertisement