Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarus tracker 22wmr

Options
  • 27-12-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Anybody any experience with these revolvers as far as I know you cant have any more than five rounds these take eight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055737484

I was told on an earlier thread that 22wmr pistols being larger than 22lr
    falls under the restricted category and by prox is banned as unless you previously held a licence for such no new ones were being issued
    It a pistol calibre that has fallen between the cracks with the new licencing system even though it is not centrefire

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭palo

Thanks 4gun for that I must look into it another bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

palo wrote: »
    Anybody any experience with these revolvers as far as I know you cant have any more than five rounds these take eight.

Had one super gun bench resting clays at 120 yards with it, put BURRIS 4X scope on it and out do any 22 rifle at 120yds. Sold it last year to tim landers along with my 9mm and 357 could not be bothered with the ongoing crap relating to them, but if I had a choice of one weapon (firearm):rolleyes: in short weapon it would be a taurus tracker

Thanks Deerhunter1. I know what you mean with all the ongoing crap relating to Licences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I had the Taurus Tracker in 22lr - 7" barrel. Don't know what the heck I was thinking - greater muzzle velocity I suppose.

They are a great gun. Kind of bootlegs of Smith and Wesson. However, I have owned a few and never had a problem with any of them.

What flavor are you looking at, blue or stainless? Their stainless has an nice matte finish. The blue is nice as well.

I would go for a 4" model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

FISMA wrote: »
    I had the Taurus Tracker in 22lr - 7" barrel. Don't know what the heck I was thinking - greater muzzle velocity I suppose.

They are a great gun. Kind of bootlegs of Smith and Wesson. However, I have owned a few and never had a problem with any of them.

What flavor are you looking at, blue or stainless? Their stainless has an nice matte finish. The blue is nice as well.

I would go for a 4" model.

Ya if I was going again I would go for a 4" barrel

Hello Fisma.

I am looking at a stainless 6'' Barrell the only thing it is in 22wmr so we will see how I get on with the licence and all that Jazz.

palo wrote: »
    Hello Fisma.
    I am looking at a stainless 6'' Barrell the only thing it is in 22wmr so we will see how I get on with the licence and all that Jazz.

Palo,
    Are you sure you want a 6" barrel? Buying and possessing a gun in Ireland is difficult. It's not as if you can change your mind the next day and get another.

Have you held both in your hand? Don't settle for what the dealer has - get what you want.

I would rather wait an extra year to get the one I want (and hold onto it for life) than take what the dealer has and be unhappy with it in a few years.

If I were you I would reconsider. The longer barrels tend to be a bit fore-heavy. This is why Glock does things like this.
    Glock_34-35_E.jpg
    To do it again, most definitely the 4" barrel.

The 6" will give you a great muzzle velocity though.

Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I wish I had the Glock "C" Model as there is less muzzle flip

However I ended up with a Model 22 and the rest is history....
    It's mine and I can never change it in this state (Unless i go .22 Cal AFAIK)

If you want an accurate pistol I'd go for 6".
    TBH my Glock is not that accurate, calling a spade a spade and all that.

And hard to get used to different grain weight ammo with open sights.

And before you ask, every time I buy ammo it is different grain weights.....

If you want an accurate pistol I'd go for 6".

True Tack, I agree the 6" is more accurate - easier to level. However, we are talking a 22lr, pistol at that. I find the 4" barrel feels better and is easier to balance.

There's something about the angle and/or grip that Taurus uses that makes anything greater than 6" fore-heavy in my hands. Something for the OP and Palo to consider. I like the feel of the CZ 75's, Glocks, Sigs, S&W's and such. To the OP and Palo, make sure you hold them for a while before you commit.

Perhaps, you'll appreciate fore weight as there will be less muzzle jump?
    TBH my Glock is not that accurate, calling a spade a spade and all that.
    What's the problem? An inaccurate Glock, in 40 right? Any Glock that I have ever shot was a tack driver. You should thank God you got one in when you did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

FISMA wrote: »
    True Tack, I agree the 6" is more accurate - easier to level. However, we are talking a 22lr, pistol at that. I find the 4" barrel feels better and is easier to balance.

There's something about the angle and/or grip that Taurus uses that makes anything greater than 6" fore-heavy in my hands. Something for the OP and Palo to consider. I like the feel of the CZ 75's, Glocks, Sigs, S&W's and such. To the OP and Palo, make sure you hold them for a while before you commit.

Perhaps, you'll appreciate fore weight as there will be less muzzle jump?

What's the problem? An inaccurate Glock, in 40 right? Any Glock that I have ever shot was a tack driver. You should thank God you got one in when you did.

I had a Glock in 2006. I fell in love with a S&W 686 38 Special WC though.

Now, That was a Tack Driver.
    I'd like to Doll my Glock up, but since the clamp down feck all dealers carry after market stuff.

In regards to a .22 Pistol. Hamerelli would be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

There's something about the angle and/or grip that Taurus uses that makes anything greater than 6" fore-heavy in my hands.

Every revolver model I've held is balanced just right with a 4" barrel, and feels "fore-heavy" with anything longer. I find automatics are balanced a little better with slightly longer barrels - maybe it's because the grip on a revolver is usually smaller and doesn't hold a magazine.

Advertisement