Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usb Modem Driver for Windows 7?

• 27-12-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Heya
    I just got a laptop with Windows 7 and I tried to connect it to my modem using USB because Ethernet wont for some reason. So right now it says USB modem driver missing.. I have used the installation disk that came with the modem but the driver isnt windows 7 compatible. Any ideas?:confused:
    My modem btw is a Scientific Atlanta 2203 on UPC.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The best solution would be to sort the Ethernet problem. Is it the modem or the Laptop where the Ethernet connection isn't working? Does the modem work with other computers?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

jor el wrote: »
    The best solution would be to sort the Ethernet problem. Is it the modem or the Laptop where the Ethernet connection isn't working? Does the modem work with other computers?

It the modem that has the ethernet problem because ive used different ethernet cable, tried it on my new laptop and my desktop theres no response on the ethernet on the modem. I use Usb on my desktop thats windows Xp and that works.

Can I buy a new modem? something different from wat UPC supplied to me and will that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The modem has to be provisioned by UPC, and it is quite unlikely that they will do this for a modem you provide yourself. It's also very difficult to buy cable modems.

Contact UPC, and they should replace the modem, as it remains their property anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

jor el wrote: »
    The modem has to be provisioned by UPC, and it is quite unlikely that they will do this for a modem you provide yourself. It's also very difficult to buy cable modems.

Contact UPC, and they should replace the modem, as it remains their property anyway.

Thanks for the advice :D It really helped. Ill find out a way, thanks for saving me money getting a modem.

Advertisement