Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What bottles would you recommend?

• 27-12-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I started off using the Dr. Brown bottles, but found the teats & inner bits all discoloured & perished a bit with sterilising.

I replaced them with Avent bottles & for the past 8 months have been using them. However in the past few weeks 2 have sprung leaks & had to be binned (cracked at the base)
    I know they're subjected to high temperature every day in the steriliser, but I would've expected them to last a bit longer all the same.

I'm going to start replacing the bottles now, are there any you would recommend or any you would suggest to stay away from?

She holds the bottles herself but maybe one's with grips might make it easier for her to progress to cups in a few months.

Would welcome any suggestions :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Boots wide neck bottles are amazing... you can use the avent teats with them too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks Adrienne, I'll give them a try. It'll be handy not having to change teats too :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

tommee tippee closer to nature are fantastic and the anti colic + are brilliant for younger babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Chicago Chick

Moonbeam wrote: »
    tommee tippee closer to nature are fantastic and the anti colic + are brilliant for younger babies.

I recommend these too, used them for the past year with my little man and when no.2 arrives in a couple of months time I will use them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks for the suggestions :)
    Just out of curiosity, how long would you expect the bottles to last? 6 months just doesn't seem very long!
    That said, my little lady has a habit of flinging her bottles when they're finished so that probably doesn't help, especially when they're flung onto the tiles :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well I bought Saoirse's ones at birth (the BPA free ones as they weren't available when I had Addison) and they're still going strong now... this ones are more a softer plastic type than hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭grizzlyadams

Well OP , we have used the avent for our first but have used the NUK for the other three and have to say we found the NUK the business , no leaks or anything !!!

Advertisement