Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom Wireless Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I emailed them again this week about the problems with my link but got no reply at all. My eircom line became active yesterday but its only working at 1mb at the moment. I havent received the eircom modem yet and it wasnt supposed to be active till the 19th anyway so I cant complain.

can't wait to get rid of this crowd to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Update: going to have to ring on Monday, CS is f***ing closed on weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Well I just gave up. Eircom are up and running so cancelled the account with Ripplecom. Sick and tired of emailing support and getting no response. They also deleted the post I made on facebook asking them about support on the weekend. They are a terrible company from a customer service point of view.

Ripplecom have said a Technician should be around tomorrow to get us back up and running. Hope he shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

8 years with Ripplecom/Omnitel and now I had to leave. Lost the line of sight with the mast for some reason :mad:

Have tried everywhere else and I'm trying to get Regional Broadband, hopefully it's more reliable than Ripplecom and that the technical support is somewhat better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 iphone3G

just upgraded to 8M product
    check this out
    1261572963.png
    I had eircom's 8M before and couldn't even hit 3M
    VoIP works fine for me (usually upload is ~0.9M)

BTW the best way to contact is email - they have to replay and they do quick enough ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Well, my speed has just nosedived. I'm on the 8mb package and was getting about 5.5 down, which I was happy enough with.

The last few days I'm only getting about 0.3mb down.

Was on to support this morning and was expecting a return call, but nothing. Will be calling them again first thing in the morning for a rant.

Ripplecom came round and fixed our problems today. It's been grand since :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

well if you read back through this thread most people dont get a response when they email i never once received a reply to any of my emails,i hope your 1 of the lucky 1's that gets the speeds they are paying for and doesnt die a death after a few weeks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Note that some of eircoms services are closed on weekends. Had omnitel for a good while until eircom came in, canceled it (which I regret) and we now want to move back. But, is it worth moving so I can use my voip and broadband. I had omnitel at 2mb constant all day every day, had a few minor problems and gave them a call and was fine. I think aibridges installed it at the time.

Will give them a call and ask for no months contract. Similarly to others here, I never got a reply from them at all! Must say that the people there from my experience are very nice and helpful. :D

Edit: it also depends on if they use your aerial as a bouncer(not sure what its called) and all the different circumstances I suppose...

• Advertisement

JUst got ripplecom installed today, I'm on the 8mb unlimited package, here is my first speed test result.

1273721022.png

Very happy at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

oO You must be sitting on the mast :P. Good for you :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

JUst got ripplecom installed today, I'm on the 8mb unlimited package, here is my first speed test result.

1273721022.png

Very happy at the moment

Wow! Very impressive. What is it now? Mine with eircoms 3MB is 2.8mb download.

Still waiting for the phone to be swapped over, they also have the email address used to sign up spelt wrong in the personal details section, any way to change this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Rebecca Flaky Sprint, in what area roughly did you get Ripplecom installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

any one having issues with them in north clare area this week? past 5days its stop start all week, its a nightmare, sent two emails to customer service heard nothing back .

Was told yesterday, after nearly a month since signing up and sending in the porting form that a bill had to be sent in with it. My dad has no recollection of seeing this requirement on the form and we were not notified that they received the form but not the bill until I enquired about it.

Sent them the bill through email and they say it'll be ported over by May 18th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

In a wee bit of a dilemma here and wondering if anyone can help. The last Fri in April I had a guy come to install Ripplecom. He was struggling to get connection but said he was onto the guys in the office to get it sorted. I had to leave as I had a flight to catch, but left him there and he posted key through door. When I came back there was still no connection, I called them and was told something about it being 'provisioned'. Went through that and still no connection, laptop keeps saying 'network cable unplugged' even though the ethernet cable was connected. On the wee box, the wireless light keeps flashing and no light comes on at ethernet. To be honest i've had enough and don't want to go ahead with this, but feel now that i've signed up for the 12 month contract that am tied. All i want is a decent broadband connection, something i don't feel i'm getting from them. When i call they tell me it's connected and they can see it from the office, yet i can't do it from home.

Am i snookered with this even though i can't get connected, or is there any way out of it??

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭nilhg

In a wee bit of a dilemma here and wondering if anyone can help. The last Fri in April I had a guy come to install Ripplecom. He was struggling to get connection but said he was onto the guys in the office to get it sorted. I had to leave as I had a flight to catch, but left him there and he posted key through door. When I came back there was still no connection, I called them and was told something about it being 'provisioned'. Went through that and still no connection, laptop keeps saying 'network cable unplugged' even though the ethernet cable was connected. On the wee box, the wireless light keeps flashing and no light comes on at ethernet. To be honest i've had enough and don't want to go ahead with this, but feel now that i've signed up for the 12 month contract that am tied. All i want is a decent broadband connection, something i don't feel i'm getting from them. When i call they tell me it's connected and they can see it from the office, yet i can't do it from home.

Am i snookered with this even though i can't get connected, or is there any way out of it??

thank you

Not being smart here, but try a different cable?

You're sure that networking is setup properly on your laptop? Can you try another machine on the connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

nilhg wrote: »
    Not being smart here, but try a different cable?

You're sure that networking is setup properly on your laptop? Can you try another machine on the connection?
    I know you're not being smart. I tried the other ethernet cable that came with the router and still the same. The networking seems to be all above board, typed in all the numbers required but still to no avail. Unfortunately i don't have another machine to try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Assuming the router has wifi - do you or a friend have a wifi enabled phone or iPod touch ?
    Have you tried connecting over wifi from the laptop ?
    I'm not familiar with the router but there should be a separate light for "Internet" which means
    that the router is connected OK

thank you

You have a 7 day change of mind period. So if you are not happy with the service just cancel it.

You have a 7 day change of mind period. So if you are not happy with the service just cancel it.
    They told me the 7 day change of mind period was from when you first order the service, before the install.
    Doesn't make much sense to me but that is what they told me.
    They also said they didn't provide tech support for any modems that weren't supplied by Rupplecom.
    I would say though that if they are not providing a service you should be able to cancel.

long_b wrote: »
    They told me the 7 day change of mind period was from when you first order the service, before the install.
    Doesn't make much sense to me but that is what they told me.
    They also said they didn't provide tech support for any modems that weren't supplied by Rupplecom.
    I would say though that if they are not providing a service you should be able to cancel.

Thats mental, it took them 7 days before someone installed it in my place! I would agree with you, if they are not providing the service you signed up for you should be able to cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

took them 5 weeks from when i ordered it for them to come out to the house, then we were told we couldn't get it

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

not so sure about their timekeeping capabilities

-=al=- wrote: »
    took them 5 weeks from when i ordered it for them to come out to the house, then we were told we couldn't get it

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

not so sure about their timekeeping capabilities
    Ah poo - really hope they don't take that long with me. Have given my month's notice with my current provider already.
    They did say ten working days ... anybody got it done in that timeframe. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I was told less than a week or before the end of the week! ...i rang every week after they failed to bring someone out after the previous timeframe stated!

it was prob a one off, there's people getting their engineers out grand

Just to finish the story - engineer came on working day 8.
    No line of sight, couldn't do the install.

To those who are looking to get it installed be warned - the engineer said he has a high proportion of prospective customers who can't get the service due to Line of sight issues - trees and big buildings being the worst offenders.

Fantastic if you can get it - a bit sadifying if you can't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jigsey

Hi
    Got Ripplecom installed friday. The guy told me the Modem will be sent via post early next week, but i can connect the Ethernet cable into my laptop and use that way. ive managed to connect 4 times but the connection goes after a few mins. Is this the norm until i get my modem??

Cheers Jigsey

Advertisement