Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud explosion this morning at 5.30am

Options
  • 28-12-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Thought I might ask in the round because I really want to know now what happened this morning.

I woke up this morning at around 5.30am because of a banging noise outside.
    2 bangs and then 10minutes later another 2. They all sound exactly the same. It wasn't lightning or fireworks. I thought it would be blue/White light but I ask my mum later on and she said it was kind of yellow light. This was happening in the strandhill road area. My friend lives in maugheraboy and woke up by the bangs as well. Pipes wouldn't have bursted because they don't create light.

Has anyone else seen or hear these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It was probably aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Be realistic. As if we have aliens here!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

I heard it too, I tought it was someone with a shout gun letting off a few blasts!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

i heard it too.way too loud to be a shotgun

No it can't be a shotgun. The noise was too loud for that. Really strange. And there is nothing in the news about it at all either. I am wondering if we ever find out what it was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Janine87 wrote: »
    Be realistic. As if we have aliens here!
    it was an apparition so.that more realistic then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭TW Mr Tayto

Could it of been a car burning out?
    The yellow light from the flames, two bangs for the rear tires, two for the front?

Could be but the same bangs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Is there a quarry near there or would ballisodare be the nearest one? I know a year or two ago there was a few very loud bangs in dromore west, they were heard as far away as ballisodare I think, it was in the weekender anyways, turned out to be something to do with the quarry in easkey, I think something exploded that wasn't supposed to explode or something like that, it was late evening/early night when it happened anyways. I remember it scaring the bejaysus outta me! :eek:

Ballisodare is quite far from strandhill road though... I think it was more town direction not sure though. Will buy the weekender today. It might be something in there. A quarry wouldn't create light though...

• Advertisement

dee o gee wrote: »
    Is there a quarry near there or would ballisodare be the nearest one? I know a year or two ago there was a few very loud bangs in dromore west, they were heard as far away as ballisodare I think, it was in the weekender anyways, turned out to be something to do with the quarry in easkey, I think something exploded that wasn't supposed to explode or something like that, it was late evening/early night when it happened anyways. I remember it scaring the bejaysus outta me! :eek:
    everyone knows it's aliens,you story sounds far-fetched

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

It could have been a bird scarer, got this off wiki "Cartridge scarers include a wide variety of noise-producing cartridges usually fired from rockets or rope bangers, or on aerodromes from modified pistols or shotguns, which produce a loud bang and emit flashes of light"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

It was probably aliens.

leaving ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Janine87 wrote: »
    Ballisodare is quite far from strandhill road though... I think it was more town direction not sure though. Will buy the weekender today. It might be something in there. A quarry wouldn't create light though...

Well the bangs in easkey were heard as far away as ballisodare so thats what about 20 mile? Don't think it would explain the light though? :confused:
    everyone knows it's aliens,you story sounds far-fetched

Haha yes it's an alien conspiracy thats been covered up by the weekender! :D

dee o gee wrote: »
    Well the bangs in easkey were heard as far away as ballisodare so thats what about 20 mile? Don't think it would explain the light though? :confused:

Haha yes it's an alien conspiracy thats been covered up by the weekender! :D

the weekender is wrote by aliens it all makes perfect sense now...:D

Advertisement