Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Class Trip to Berlin

• 28-12-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm trying to organise a class trip to Berlin for about 3 nights in April, between the 15th-30th. Problem is, all the flights I am finding are coming up pretty expensive. I reckon there will be around 20 or so of us. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get decent flight prices, or is there another handy way of getting to Berlin from Dublin? Has anyone any experiences with trains. It's a student holiday so I need to make it as cheap as possible to get as many of them to go as possible!

Does anyone know any tour operators perhaps who do a good deal?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

well the basic problem you're facing is that it's Easter when everyone else is trying to go away too.

check some of the Polish Ryanair destinations as they might be cheaper and trains are handy too. I think Poznan is a handy train journey from Berlin. Check the German rail website for journey times
    http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

by the way how cheap were you hoping to get? Ryanair don't have their prices up yet for Berlin and Aer Lingus seem pretty reasonable at €100-140, not sure you'll get much cheaper than that without going all over the shop when your time and money would be better spent in Berlin itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭whatsyourquota

Does it have to be Berlin? Usually the deal with student trips is you would look up a load of destinations then find which one has the cheapest flight and do there!
    Cant see many student willing to fork out much more than 50e for flights considering all the other expenses that will be added after. I went to Munich last year got flight with ryanair for 12e the airport was about an hour on the train from the city but was still quite cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Doesn't have to be Berlin at all, infact it's very much crossed off the list at this stage.

I've always wanted to go to Munich, but every flight and destination i'm looking up is over 50 euro, unless it's to England, but then you have cost issues with changing money aswell...

It's a tricky one, I'm trying to get as many of them to go as possible you know?

Thanks for your replies lads :D

Advertisement