Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc 2 tv trouble

Options
  • 28-12-2010 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi i hope someone can help i am trying to use my tv as my visual output for my pc my tv is a beko 32" when i first connected the two everything was fine but after about 10 mins the screen went blank and a msg saying out of range came up baring in mind that the two are connected by vga cable any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

Check the tv picture settings menu so see if there is a native setting for the incoming signal. Also see if the PC output resolution is using a supported res for the tv. The tv manual should list the supported resolutions.
    It can be anything you run on the pc that changes the resolution output causing the black screen and out of range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jem.t

thanks for that i tried both but neither workrd i also phoned the manufactureer and trhey were no help at all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What model is the Beko tv?

And what Graphics card have you got?

The is 32wlu520hd and the graphics card i think is ge force 6150se nforce 430 i could be looking at the wrong thing but when i search the computers devices this is what came up thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gf2009

You probably already tried this but just in case... make sure you reboot the PC/laptop after you've altered the display settings;
      Right click on the desktop -> properties -> settings -> adjust the resolution on the 2nd monitor (TV) to a resolution that the TV supports (try 1324 x 768)

It should be plug and play so the settings should detect automatically but sometimes you need a reboot for them to take effect.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much everyone problem solved. gf that resolution was correct the beko support gave me the wrong one and they said that it was the only one that would work just shows how much they know thanks again

Advertisement