Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bios update can convert reference 6950's to 6970's

Options
  • 28-12-2010 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Just saw this:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159
    Unlocking the additional shaders is done by flashing the card with a HD 6970 BIOS. You can find a few in our VGA BIOS collection. Any of these BIOSes will work on any reference design HD 6950 card. You could use the ASUS BIOS which comes with higher clocks & Overdrive limits and enables voltage changes via SmartDoctor, or stick with one of the reference BIOSes in case you are afraid the clocks might be too high.

These boards come with a dual bios, so if it does not work, you can reflash back to your original bios.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

I bought two of these cards and am running them in Crossfire. Overclocked both of them. Subsequently, I have found that my motherboard is bottlenecking the Crossfire throughput of these bad boys. I'm about to order a very high-end rig this week :)

I'll post some benchmarks when I get the cards running in the new rig.

Advertisement