Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car light bulb

Options
  • 28-12-2010 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Need to change one of my car lights....

Where in blanch can I get a replacement (and someone to put it in for me??)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

Need to change one of my car lights....

Where in blanch can I get a replacement (and someone to put it in for me??)
    Halfords may sell and fit it.
    I'm sure any garage with a mechanic would fit it for free.
    If you get stuck ill fit it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Halfords will screw you over, I'd just order it on ebay for like £2 or something and put it in yourself - it's very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Halfords

Give them the make and model and they'll walk out and instal it for you...perfect if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Thanks guys - didn't think Halford would do it - so will give them a shot

S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

A motor factors way better. Got 3 bulbs for €8. Also easiest thing that can be done is changing a bulb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Guys in the garage in Coolmine industrial estate did mine. Halfords wouldn't touch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

Thought Halfords had a charge for fitting bulbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Got the bulbs in Halford... wee bit expensive in the end...

6.99 for fitting... 9 quid for the bulb... but meh, considering I left it to the last minute before a long trip away.. i had to get it in the end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Discount Tyres in Ballycoolin will supply and fit the bulb from 5-10 euro. Too late for the OP but one to remember. Only takes a few mins too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Some cars are very tricky to swap bulbs. Others very easy. It should be obvious from the owner handbook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 zozimus

To change the headlights on my Citroen C4 requires you to have the dexterity of a keyhole surgeon. They should only be sold to gynecologists.

The rear lights are a complete mystery. I tried for several hours to figure out how to even reach the buggers.

I used to service my own cars and I have a science degree. Surely this should be enough for Citroen?

I mean, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

advance pit stop but it looks like the nearest would be finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Frere_Jaques

I had one bulb fitted in my Focus last week at Halfords, a tenner for a bulb and €14 to fit. More fool me for paying I guess!

Advertisement