Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.T.W.E.A. query

Options
  • 28-12-2010 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I've been on the BTWEA scheme for just under a year and know my benefit will change to 75% after the first year. But the question I have is I was on disabilty benefit and the work I'm doing is making my disability worse. If I close the business just before the end of the 2 years, can I just go back onto disability on it's own ?

I.E.
    disabilty €196 at the moment plus whatever I earn
    disability after feb 2011 €147 plus whatever I earn
    end BTWEA & stop working claim disability at normal rate €196

Or will I have to make a fresh claim ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

If the work you are doing now is making your disability worse why would you continue with it.

Withdraw your BTWEA claim and return to the payment you were on previous.

If at a later stage you are fit to resume work, you can return to the scheme where you left off, i.e. just about to start Yr 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

It's not bad enough to stop me doing the work, but my disability isn't going to get any better. I am not doing much work each month, but the more I do the worse it will get. I can have weeks where I have no pain but other weeks it's bad.

I was just wondering if I can go back to my original payment without making a fresh claim. Thanks for the advice PopTarts.

Advertisement