Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 64 bit moniter drivers?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

greetings! I have recently purchased a new computer with windows 7 (64-bit), alls going grand apart from my monitor(Hansol 930D) the top refresh rate I can get is 85hx even at really low resolutions, I've had this problem with the same monitor on previous computers which was easily solved by downloading the monitor drivers from the manufacturers website www.hansol.nl however the only available drivers they have to download arent compatible with my windows version :(

has anyone else experienced the same problem? any advice? I've scoured the net and I keep stumbling across pain in the hole programs that claim to be monitor drivers but end up being programs that scan my whole computer and then asks me for money to update drivers and they arent even for my monitor :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

any ideas? :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Its the graphics card driver that is the important factor here, there should't be any need to install monitor drivers.

As a first try what you could do is also go to the device manager and see if window can auto detect the correct driver for the graphics card ( it will be under display adapter). Control Panel -> System And Security -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters.

Right click & select Properties -> Driver and there should be a Update driver button. Let windows search automatically for the correct driver

If this does not work you will need to find the driver manually, if you are unsure what graphics card you have you can download speccy to find out what graphics cards you have so you can then download and install the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

nope! have the latest drivers installed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Interesting that you're using a CRT.

Have you tried using the installer in compatibility mode? Its not ideal with drivers but if it works with XP its likely to work with 7. From my understanding of it monitor drivers only really allow windows to determine the model and base features of the monitor, nothing hugely complicated like GFX drivers.

Advertisement