Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air raid type sirens in Balbriggan last night?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

As the title says, does anyone know what these air raid style sirens were last night? I heard them at about 6pm in the Bremore Pastures area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Thanks a million for that.
    I loved reading everyone elses panic stories about what they thought it was :)
    I was sh!tting it myself!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Wouldnt worry too much Elle, No-one with a fraction of a brain will invade us.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

bcmf wrote: »
    Wouldnt worry too much Elle, No-one with a fraction of a brain will invade us.:D

I know that, but I was afraid it was some new national siren for a terrible thing happening, that I wasn't made aware of.

I am aware that I sound like someone who wears tinfoil hats... I'm not really!!!!

bcmf adjusts tin foil hat on his head
    Well if 'someone' is coming I for one welcome our new ovelords.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ora.1

My son insisted he heard an Air Raid Siren,last night,about 5.15 pm,we opened the back door, and it was very loud,this is where it gets mad, I phoned Gormanstown Army base and asked why there was an Air Raid Siren,the Army Man, on the other end of the phone,said he couldnt hear it,as he was indoors!Why would I think they would have anythink to do with it!Anyway,my son was awaiting a disaster of some sort.A sunami,he says, I did give him a loan of 2012, the movie! His imagination was in overdrive,but Air Raid Sirens shouldnt go off any old time.Then in the early hours of the morning, I got up for a drink of water,there was a heavy black fog,with the smell of burning rubber, I closed my window quickly,told my husband,he saw,and smelt it too.I got back into bed,after 10 mins,I checked again, It had dissapeared! honest! the sky was clear and stars were out,I got my husband up out of bed,He,couldnt understand it either!
    So There You Are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

it was north korea using us as target practice thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Well if 'someone' is coming I for one welcome our new ovelords.

King HB I & Queen Beasty are pleased with one's subjects. Now where did one leave one's swan sandwich?

ora.1 wrote: »
    My son insisted he heard an Air Raid Siren,last night,about 5.15 pm,we opened the back door, and it was very loud,this is where it gets mad, I phoned Gormanstown Army base and asked why there was an Air Raid Siren,the Army Man, on the other end of the phone,said he couldnt hear it,as he was indoors!Why would I think they would have anythink to do with it!Anyway,my son was awaiting a disaster of some sort.A sunami,he says, I did give him a loan of 2012, the movie! His imagination was in overdrive,but Air Raid Sirens shouldnt go off any old time.Then in the early hours of the morning, I got up for a drink of water,there was a heavy black fog,with the smell of burning rubber, I closed my window quickly,told my husband,he saw,and smelt it too.I got back into bed,after 10 mins,I checked again, It had dissapeared! honest! the sky was clear and stars were out,I got my husband up out of bed,He,couldnt understand it either!
    So There You Are.
    You really should be wearing a tin foil hat.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My vision of Corporal bcmf in times of national emergency:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Advanced warning before Tesco invades Balbriggan with its new store?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Blow ins...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Its a warning that the Rush(ians) are coming to Balbriggan at 5.45am on Thursday to the new An Post sorting office

LeoB wrote: »
    Its a warning that the Rush(ians) are coming to Balbriggan at 5.45am on Thursday to the new An Post sorting office
    Oh jaysus its worse then we thought. Forget about tin foil hats I am legging it...Every Balbrigganer to themselves.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am legging it...

Mission accomplished

We can turn the water back on now lads...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Luftwaffe trapped in a time warp....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Oh jaysus its worse then we thought. Forget about tin foil hats I am legging it...Every Balbrigganer to themselves.

Yis wont know us in our new uniforms!! We will be invading from all angles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

It could be something to do with the orange lights I saw just a few minutes ago.

Advertisement